Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
… but did anyone see this?

From a glance many things are compromised due to the need for slick design, but still I find some of the solutions quite nice and beautiful. But not so practical ;-)

http://adventure-journal.com/2016/03/when-a-designer-designs-a-camper-van/

Custombus_2.jpg

Thanks for the link, that is indeed beautiful - but compromised in the style over function sense. Main point being the lack of pop up roof....cooking must be a real pleasure :talktothehand

To be fair though, I'm sure the builders of the bus would be happy to stick a useful roof in there for you - the vast majority of the creations on their website look pretty good : Custom-Bus

Well that's a nicely designed fire hazard waiting to happen. Hope those curtains behind the cooker are fire proof.
Typical example of design over functionality. Looks good but impossible or dangerous to use.

I agree, its quite beautiful, but – in my perspective – design is not about beauty alone. Design is when beauty mets functionallity in a clever way. But I still find it interesting to see all these different solutions. Some og the ideas could be quite nice to have.

A neat van for solo travelling. I like the Brompton stashed away in the back.

Nice enough. But we are architects, and I'd say, when a designer designs a campervan, the result is a California - that's why we bought a Cali instead of a conversion, however good the Bilbos/Reimos etc are.

Back