Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Manual sliding door not "catching" when opening

spiderstu

spiderstu

VIP Member
Hi everyone,

Our sliding door as progressively got worse at "catching" when opening (for want of a better description), I other words when the door slides open it always used to smoothly lock in place when it reached the end of the track - sometimes annoyingly easily, but now I actually have to give it a good push to get it to lock in place.

Has anyone else had the problem and resolved it? Do I need to grease or lubricate it anywhere, or should I just take the Cali into my local dealer to take a look?

Thanks

Stu

Re: Manual sliding door not

Search the forum, there are several threads on this problem.

Thanks Andy. I tried a search on "sliding door" and looked back all the way to 2011 but couldn't find anything relevant. Lots of electric door issues, but nothing obviously pointing to this question. If you spot a thread the. Please could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers

I believe others have had problems with the door not opening fully, not quite the same as yours. Some folk have cleaned the door tracks which cured their problem.

Hello.
On the bottom of the sliding door there is a little hook which gets latched electrically. Check if the hook moves freely, move it a bit back and forward. Perhaps the axe of it needs a little bit of cleaning and greasing.

Cheers
Andrzej

Back