Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lowering a 4Motion

A

applejack

Can a T6 4Motion be lowered please? I am sure I read somewhere on here that it is not possible?

:Iamsorry but why would you lower a 4 wheel drive

Good question!

Kids/me get travel sick when in the back as it feels like we are on a boat as it appears to wallow around, reading on here people say lowering it can cure this problem?

Put some underbody protection plates on it .
Take the four wheels of.
And you got a sled with facilitys.....

As above why lower as most higher it to get better off-road preformance

Not planning to go off road, we did not have any choice with the 4Motion as the van already had it on, we did not spec it on our list.

I'm with you Applejack. I'm not going off-road in mine either; just want the better road holding and comfort. I've not been on a site where ground clearance has been a problem. I intend to lower my t5 4motion next year just by using springs from Banwy VW. Make sure they are for t32 weight. £222 I think, for 30mm drop.

Got my T5 4motion done at the dealers with VW springs, vastly improved ride . 30 mm drop as standard won't be causing me any trouble on camp sites.

Can a T6 4Motion be lowered please? I am sure I read somewhere on here that it is not possible?
Check out Dealer lowering springs, but also H&R Anti Roll Bars. They take the sway away. Drives like a go cart 20150922_161625.jpg

We have one child that is car sick really really often (vomiting 10 times on a 1000 km drive). It's the same in our VW T5 cali 4Motion with standard springs as in a VW Golf bluemotion (which is quite low).
So I don't think it will influence car sickness. Handling is something else. I would not want to lose the clearance so I'll probably go for VB Air suspension (-30mm in sports mode). But it's expensive.

Ours was lowered before we collected it at the dealer as the wallow is very bad in the back, it now sticks to the road and is a great drive, -30mm is perfect.