Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lower Lode - Californian Challenge

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
bit jealous of all you campers meeting this weekend in Glos - unfortunately i cant be there, but it looks like all the stars will be out ...... WG HC AF Martin Calikev Comfortz Nick et all - all that knowledge in one place must be a worry for the forum administration - beware of tidal waves
Was thinking, It would be good to crown somebody Californian of the year at one of these events and have some fun along the way - apart from surfing the severn bore, what challenges could be set to demonstrate true Cali skill and expertise.

making a cup of tea from a standing start
over 60s top bunk challenge
Indoor twister

How about the quickest to set up a vango awning lol

bit jealous of all you campers meeting this weekend in Glos - unfortunately i cant be there, but it looks like all the stars will be out ...... WG HC AF Martin Calikev Comfortz Nick et all - all that knowledge in one place must be a worry for the forum administration - beware of tidal waves
Was thinking, It would be good to crown somebody Californian of the year at one of these events and have some fun along the way - apart from surfing the severn bore, what challenges could be set to demonstrate true Cali skill and expertise.

Indoor twister
First Cali off the field without assistance (those of you who were there in April know what I mean );)

First Cali off the field without assistance (those of you who were there in April know what I mean );)
Its positively Amazonian down here in the Glos mangroves at the moment - so a driving test might be fun

Quickest posting of a link to a Collapsable Watering Can?

Reactions: DM

Indoor twister
I can't let a vid of the severn bore pass without remark. It would have to be a hell of a bore to reach Tewkesbury. Although on particularly high tides it has apparently been known to reach Upper Lode lock - but no need to worry. There won't be one this weekend and the next big one (****) isn't forecast until 16th October and that is highly unlikely to make it beyond the weir at Over just north of Gloucester.

Surfing the bore seems to be incredibly popular these days. I remember the days (20+ years ago) when a mate and I used to kayak surf the night bores. We were usually the only two on the river. Amazing, erie and sometimes a bit scarey. Everyone should go and watch the bore at least once in their life. There's nothing else like it - at least not in the UK.

I can't let a vid of the severn bore pass without remark. It would have to be a hell of a bore to reach Tewkesbury. Although on particularly high tides it has apparently been known to reach Upper Lode lock - but no need to worry. There won't be one this weekend and the next big one (****) isn't forecast until 16th October and that is highly unlikely to make it beyond the weir at Over just north of Gloucester.

Surfing the bore seems to be incredibly popular these days. I remember the days (20+ years ago) when a mate and I used to kayak surf the night bores. We were usually the only two on the river. Amazing, erie and sometimes a bit scarey. Everyone should go and watch the bore at least once in their life. There's nothing else like it - at least not in the UK.
I live (half the time) in Newnham on Severn where the bore gets started ..... i agree its a sight worth seeing and there are some great wild camping spots down in the forest of dean area. Set up a meet for the next 5 star bore with the autumn tides

I live (half the time) in Newnham on Severn where the bore gets started ..... i agree its a sight worth seeing and there are some great wild camping spots down in the forest of dean area. Set up a meet for the next 5 star bore with the autumn tides
I gave up paddling the Newnham stretch at night after a pounding on the mud under the cliffs at Strand. I stuck to the deeper water at Minsterworth and Over after that :Nailbiting.

We were last off the field, so there was no one there to give us any assistance! What's our prize?! :bananadance

Reactions: DM
I posted here before I realised it was about a different Lower Lode meet so I shall go and post it in the right thread! (apparently I can edit but not delete)

Last edited:
Loz - were you at that party in Ruardean ?
Sounds fascinating: as someone who originates from Drybrook, I've heard all about Ruardean parties. Weren't dancing bears a planned attraction at one long past event (although they didn't make it that far.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds fascinating: as someone who originates from Drybrook, I've heard all about Ruardean parties. Weren't dancing bears a planned attraction at one long past event (although they didn't make it that far.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DMTB

Back