Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lost strap for the bed mechanism - URGENT help required!

BEN TAYLOR

BEN TAYLOR

Vehicle
Just browsing
I'm selling my Cali in a few hours and whilst completing final checks for the buyer noticed that the bed pull strap (that allows the back seat to go down) has disappeared. And I don't mean dropped down between the seat belt anchors. It's completely disappeared! So I can't assemble the bed. It was fine last time I used it and the only thing I have done apart from clean the vehicle is put Anka seat covers on. It's a 2005 2.5 LHD.
Any idea where the strap connects to? Where to look? Is there an override? Any experience of this?

I thin
I'm selling my Cali in a few hours and whilst completing final checks for the buyer noticed that the bed pull strap (that allows the back seat to go down) has disappeared. And I don't mean dropped down between the seat belt anchors. It's completely disappeared! So I can't assemble the bed. It was fine last time I used it and the only thing I have done apart from clean the vehicle is put Anka seat covers on. It's a 2005 2.5 LHD.
Any idea where the strap connects to? Where to look? Is there an override? Any experience of this?
i think it would be unlikely to have just come detached on its own without using some substantial force. Have you looked from the rear of the seat. I'm sure it will still be there unless some little fingers have been active with a pair of scissors.

The rear seat squab will lift up slightly. You need to recline the back a bit and then give it a good tug from the back. Hopefully you will then be able to see or feel the errant strap.

I thin

i think it would be unlikely to have just come detached on its own without using some substantial force. Have you looked from the rear of the seat. I'm sure it will still be there unless some little fingers have been active with a pair of scissors.
Thanks Welshgas. I'm just having a brain fart. My new Cali has a strap. The old one has a handle between the headrests.

Back