Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for a mens MTB

C

choplee

Guest User
Looking about for a cheap mountain bike ... Just been let down on one from a friend after I sold my hybrid yesterday and due to pickup this MTB this week ..
If anyone got one sitting about give me a shout .

Re: Looking for a mens MTB

What would it be used for?

Always worth looking at last years new stuff.

strapping the grandaughters chair to the back ,taking camping running about on and doing abit of woods riding .....nothing to much after a hard tail ,as i'm more of a road boy ...i do have a cyclocross ,but i'm always the odd on out and chair doesn't fit cyclocross .. :crazy

An MTB biased hybrid could be ideal; often good vfm too.

Checks Evans website; they do good brands.

If you find anything you like, I can check the spec and rate it. I often source bikes for mates of mine!

Found a few localish hard tails ,but eBay sellers have there scams to push the auction up at the last minutes to get u to panic buy ...I'm praying another mate may have something stashed in his shed ...:)

:goodone
choplee said:
Found a few localish hard tails ,but eBay sellers have there scams to push the auction up at the last minutes to get u to panic buy ...I'm praying another mate may have something stashed in his shed ...:)

Local bike shops often sell second hand. The trouble is, some issues are hard to spot; fatigued frames, dead hubs, etc so ebay is risky. Just avoid cable disk brakes; they're pants!

looking at a trek and maybe a giant,a swell as a felt this weekend ....ranging from £150-400
a klein attitude for £495 with carbon fixed forks just getting to much money .... ;)

choplee said:
looking at a trek and maybe a giant,a swell as a felt this weekend ....ranging from £150-400
a klein attitude for £495 with carbon fixed forks just getting to much money .... ;)

All make decent kit. The Klein will be old as they haven't been around for ages!

Been let down yesterday and today on 4 bikes ...1 was a eBay scam 2 where piles of crap and not as photos and the other I see was a felt and good then he decided he wanted more than £400 then said he selling to a family member ..lucky that one was very local .... It's all crap ...lol

choplee said:
Been let down yesterday and today on 4 bikes ...1 was a eBay scam 2 where piles of crap and not as photos and the other I see was a felt and good then he decided he wanted more than £400 then said he selling to a family member ..lucky that one was very local .... It's all crap ...lol

I must have been lucky when I bought my rockhopper disc on ebay last year then as it appears in perfect condition & not much use. Or you are plain unlucky Lee !!
Hope you reported the ebay scammers ?

Had a nightmare week and all I wanted was a bike ... Lol
Looking at new now maybe a vitus or cannondale ... A little out of touch really with this scene ...

All sorted come off red alert ....lol
Bike in the post a nice shinny one :)

choplee said:
All sorted come off red alert ....lol
Bike in the post a nice shinny one :)
Watcha got?!

Got a cannondale trail sl3 coming .. Last years model £250 cheaper than this years :)
The guy who was selling his felt I wanted gas come back saying the family member not got right money now ...lol lol .. I said to late u should have let me have it as I had money in my van ...

choplee said:
Got a cannondale trail sl3 coming .. Last years model £250 cheaper than this years :)
The guy who was selling his felt I wanted gas come back saying the family member not got right money now ...lol lol .. I said to late u should have let me have it as I had money in my van ...

Nice one! 2012 version has a better groupset than the 2013 one too. Ideal! That should serve you very well. Probably better than the Felt too ;)

I got for 490 and they going for £750 ,so happy with that ...the guy said from this year the spec isn't quite as good ,but frames sightly lighter ,but not as strong due to thinner tubes ......:)