Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Long overdue introduction

elstevo

elstevo

VIP Member
Evening all, thought it was about time I introduced myself, having been a lurking member for quite sometime now.
I have owned my 2012 silver berghaus since 2013 and it is well and truly part of the family now. (Although we are due to be without out him soon as the roof rot is due to be 'fixed' this month) I have yet to see another berghaus on the roads and would be interested know if there are any other owners in the northeast.
Thanks and happy camping!

Welcome to the forum.

As far as I was aware the only difference between a berghaus and the standard SE was a badge on the side and some seat covers that said Berghaus on them ?

Welcome to the forum.

As far as I was aware the only difference between a berghaus and the standard SE was a badge on the side and some seat covers that said Berghaus on them ?
Plus better alloys (sport lines?) and sleeping bags I believe.

Welcome on board .

what a friendly bunch (!)

welcome @elstevo - what finally tempted you out of the shadows? :D

Anyone fancying the Berghaus look can find some nice 18" Dakar alloys just listed on eBay UK ... I had the A4 flyer brochure for the Berghaus on my desk for quite a while whilst the "buy me, buy me" whispers built up in my head ...

Last edited:
The berghaus edition was limited to 80 it came with Dakar alloys, bike rack as standard, side badges,flask,seat covers,carpets,fleece and hat all labelled berghaus.

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Where are the PICTURES.:thumb

Would be nice to see what we're all talking about.

This is the brochure pic I liked - if my California was silver it'd have 18" Dakar alloys:

volkswagen_california_berghaus_odkaz_hippie_ery_1.jpg

:welcome

Must be quite rare, I have never seen one before

Thanks for the welcome, it's pretty much identical to the image posted by hirsty, My old man has an SE and comparing them mine came standard with some interior upgrades as well, climate, safe, different seats and I think darker glass, nothing you couldn't spec on an SE. It has berghaus on the V5 also. I think they were a bit of a marketing tool and at the list price a rip off, I bought this as an ex rental so got a good deal.IMG_1246.JPG

^ It's obviously got reversing sensors! (and they are better than mine)

Back