Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Living area carpets (and boot for that matter)

I

Iain&Shani

VIP Member
Hi, does anyone know where I can get carpets for living area and possibly the boot? I have queried the dotcom site as well as asking the FB group but I have had no response?
Iain

I think Brandrup do them?

Luckily the floor is very heavy duty - I got a lot of muck off easily last week after the whole World decided to come and play campers with rather muddy feet. Methinks a "no shoe" policy may have to be enforced from now on!

Floor came up completely spotless - used a micro fibre cloth and some warm, soapy water.

KernowLad said:
............ after the whole World decided to come and play campers with rather muddy feet. Methinks a "no shoe" policy may have to be enforced from now on! quote]
:D :D :D :D :D
Still sniggering!!

Martin said:
Sorry Iain, wrong link here is the correct one https://california-camping.de/vw-california-fussmatten with the good exchange rate and the VIP discount the prices are not too bad and all his gear is very high quality.

LOL.... I had worked it out when I looked, but thanks anyway. I did think the prices looked good so look forward to seeing what P&P along with discount might be. I was surprised that I heard nothing from the "other" site!!
cheers
Iain

Hi,
The 'other site' has a detailed thread about where you can get carpets but you asked for the 'best' colour which is is highly subjective.
I have a grey cali and wanted grey carpets to match the front ones. I checked dealers for brandrup carpets and found out that brandrup was not making them at the moment.
It always seems a funny setup with brandrup.
If the california-camping site has them then I would go with them.
The vwcalifornia site sells a wide range and I thought about those until I saw the pictures. the curling (however slight) changed my mind and bought one of these:
http://www.barnitts.co.uk/products/details/31394.html
It suits us and the dark grey looks good.
hope that helps,
good luck :)

lth

Subjective indeed. tbh I posted that to see how long it would take for a reply as I had also emailed direct to the vwcalifornia site. 7 days btw

We have thought about the need for the runners to be accessible or just go for a mat similar to the ones you have linked to. At ÂŁ15 you could buy 4 instead of ÂŁ60 for flappy ones! Just roll it up when you need the seat moved forward.

Thanks for the info.

Iain

Iain, we just use some spare carpet from the house in both the van and boot, and it rolls up easily when we need to shift the bed forward. Cost nowt and does the job excellently.

Think we'll stick an unused footwell mat (can't even remember which car it came from!) for the bit between our rubber foot mats and leave the main living area - I'm guessing carpet will just get mucky and maybe smell?

I line the boot with towels when needed and got our dog a waterproof canvas bed specifically for the van!

I stuck a very muddy MTB in on Friday - on top of a HUGE amount of tarpaulin! Seemed to work well.

Guys I've got Brandrup carpets... Interestingly enough they are held in place by Velcro to stop the curling you mention.

the vwcalifornia are very good quality, excellent value and have a wide range of colours. If I was buying now I'd take them over the Brandrup.

Personally I've stopped using the Brandrup ones... The floor is easier to clean without them...

I use a couple of cheap machine washable carpets in the Cali and my other vans when really needed.

Rgds

M

SimplyDubs said:
the vwcalifornia are very good quality, excellent value and have a wide range of colours. If I was buying now I'd take them over the Brandrup.
Thanks M, I did email them but have had no reply. This thread was started at the same time as I raised the question in the FB forum; so far 13 comments here whereas it took 7 days to get one on FB.
Personally I'm torn by maintaining the quality and the simplicity of a couple of mats.

Glad its not only me - Been trying to order a vonorak from them but they dont answer their emails and dont have a phone number so gave up and ordered a khyam one. saved quite a few quid in the end. Their loss !

Hang in there guys. We are working to find you some top accessories for your Cali inc.carpets and pucer type screens
With windows.

LickeyEndBlues said:
SimplyDubs said:
thevwcalifornia.com are very good quality, excellent value and have a wide range of colours. If I was buying now I'd take them over the Brandrup.
Thanks M, I did email them but have had no reply. This thread was started at the same time as I raised the question in the FB forum; so far 13 comments here whereas it took 7 days to get one on FB.
Personally I'm torn by maintaining the quality and the simplicity of a couple of mats.

Iain,

I have not mentioned the Facebook forum and find it disappointing that you have decided to use my post to turn this thread into another us against them discussion.

As a long term active member of the friends group on Facebook, a long term owner and modifier of all things California you are making it increasingly uncomfortable for me to participate actively in both.

Rgds

Mark

I used to use both forums but I find it much easier to use on here, also seems more organized. The non answering of emails from them done it for me. Onwards and upwards I say.

Chill out SD - I see no aggro from anyone.

Us Cali owners are few and far between - we need to stick together!

KernowLad said:
Chill out SD - I see no aggro from anyone.

Us Cali owners are few and far between - we need to stick together!

I am incredibly chilled, apologies I've been inadvertantly lured into a discussion I desperately wanted avoid.

SimplyDubs said:
LickeyEndBlues said:
SimplyDubs said:
thevwcalifornia.com are very good quality, excellent value and have a wide range of colours. If I was buying now I'd take them over the Brandrup.
Iain,
I have not mentioned the Facebook forum and find it disappointing that you have decided to use my post to turn this thread into another us against them discussion.
As a long term active member of the friends group on Facebook, a long term owner and modifier of all things California you are making it increasingly uncomfortable for me to participate actively in both.
Rgds
Mark

Matt, I was simply stating fact. I did post in both to ascertain how effective responses were. I had previously emailed directly but still have had no reply. This was commented on earlier in this thread. I am not alone in feeling frustrated and looking elsewhere for product.
Your post has made me think about quality and that adds to my dilemma. I would like to buy some fitted carpets but I am uncertain about buying from a site that didn't reply to my emails.
Iain

Calikev said:
Hang in there guys. We are working to find you some top accessories for your Cali inc.carpets and pucer type screens
With windows.
We are in talks with a vehicle carpet manufactuer that are going to make us some cab and boot mats.I will report back
When I have more details. All I can say is I have seen their work and it is great quality.
Also the insulated external screens for the pop top I am in talks with a producer that may be able to make them with windows. A problem pointed out with the pucer screens .
Cheers kev

Calikev said:
Calikev said:
With windows.
We are in talks with a vehicle carpet manufactuer that are going to make us some cab and boot mats.I will report back
When I have more details. All I can say is I have seen their work and it is great quality.
Also the insulated external screens for the pop top I am in talks with a producer that may be able to make them with windows. A problem pointed out with the pucer screens .
Cheers kev

Sounds interesting - keep us posted!

We would be interested in carpet for the back and boot.