Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure battery preparation.

C

Chris Leicester

Vehicle
N/A
Hi all thanks for letting me join I recently purchased a new Vw caddy California maxi 2.0tdi dsg as a daily drive and for short overnight stopovers and to do the nc500 tour next year, BB70EEEB-7F3C-48DC-81E5-0D69B8457FCE.jpegI also have a caravan for longer uk holidays I’ve been trying to find out what this leisure battery preparation is and where it is situated on the van ? Vw dealer don’t seem to have a clue! There is a black box under the passenger seat but I maybe thought that is the ecu ? Any ideas?? 068F6B0B-4B07-4DB6-8576-B3DEF7DC9EFB.jpegB805D9CA-A8DE-45E2-9953-4C84BB14B4B8.jpeg8B92FE4B-E8DF-4439-BB1B-D061E040BC85.jpeg001A442A-05E5-4556-A285-F3E814059E21.jpeg8B6638FC-4B2C-475C-B848-EE5EBDACF234.jpegEFFBDDFD-539C-434D-8237-B3D3CBEEA763.jpeg

Hi all thanks for letting me join I recently purchased a new Vw caddy California maxi 2.0tdi dsg as a daily drive and for short overnight stopovers and to do the nc500 tour next year, View attachment 101204I also have a caravan for longer uk holidays I’ve been trying to find out what this leisure battery preparation is and where it is situated on the van ? Vw dealer don’t seem to have a clue! There is a black box under the passenger seat but I maybe thought that is the ecu ? Any ideas?? View attachment 101195View attachment 101196View attachment 101197View attachment 101198View attachment 101199View attachment 101203
Cannot help you directly , but

Is the VW database for all VW vehicles. Using your VIN number you get all the information for your individual vehicle. It is a PAYG service, by the hour/day etc: You can view the information and download as a pdf file for your personal use.

I couldn't find any mention of a Leisure Battery in the Brochure.
Possibly the preparation is merely a plug in facility for an independent battery.

Have you had a close look at the insulation on the floor under either front seat?

I have read elsewhere that under the driver seat is the location for the 2nd battery, but am unclear as to whether that was on RHD or LHD vans.

I picked up from other forums that the insulation needs cutting / removing to make space for a 2nd battery. Just wondered if the Cali version as part of the "preparation for 2nd battery" has the insulation pre-cut or has further connectors hidden under it.

Have you had a close look at the insulation on the floor under either front seat?

I have read elsewhere that under the driver seat is the location for the 2nd battery, but am unclear as to whether that was on RHD or LHD vans.

I picked up from other forums that the insulation needs cutting / removing to make space for a 2nd battery. Just wondered if the Cali version as part of the "preparation for 2nd battery" has the insulation pre-cut or has further connectors hidden under it.
I converted a caddy maxi van 2011 the ocation behind the drivers seat was the footwell of the life version. As for where to power from my the 2011 was Eu5 and not blue motion we just had a voltage relay from vehicle battery to leisure battery.
A standalone battery pack might be a good option given its removable charged from the internal 12v sockets when the vans running which negates the need for a battery to battery unit as its EU6.

I took a couple of pictures of the box under the passenger seat -RHD, on another thread, don’t know enough about electrics To know if these are connectors that can be linked to a second battery.