Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure battery not charging on EHU

A

AKBOB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just had my leisure batteries changed. Good voltage and percent. Plugged it in overnight for the cooler and it doesn't show the charging symbol but the battery is showing 90%. The socket has power for the kettle. Is it possible the battery is too highly charged to need to be charged by the EHU? The other issue is will the leisure battery accept a charge when driving. I guess we will find out and cross that bridge when we get to it. I've heard talk of fuses, etc and I am lost about that.

Even if the batteries have converted to a float charge as full, the EHU connection light should be on. I would have said your breaker switch likely in the off position, but you say the socket has power, so…

A T6 though so maybe the console a little different to our 6.1.

Yes, confusing. We are off for a few days and will see what materializes. Thanks for your response.

Yes, confusing. We are off for a few days and will see what materializes. Thanks for your response.
Check that the mains plug for the built in Battery Charger is properly connected.
Gain access to the rear leisure battery via the door flap in the base of the rear wardrobe. The charger unit is located above the leisure battery. The mains plug is on the L side, nearest tailgate. It is like your electric kettle plug. Make sure it is properly plugged in.
You may need to lift out leisure battery to gain good access. Undo battery clamp bolt at front, remove clamp, lift out battery. No need to disconnect any leads as they are long enough to remove battery without Disconnecting.
Once done, do you have plug symbol R lower corner on Control Panel screen?

I've had a similar issue recently on my 2021 Ocean. Thanks to this forum a lot of solutions were tried out to narrow down the identity the issue. Eventually it turned out to be a fuse within the inverter was blowing due to a faulty inverter. This has now been replaced under warranty and all is now working as it should.

Back