Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leather seats

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Our order is completed in a couple of days. We expect to fit leather seats after delivery (not the alcantara).

I wonder if anyone has got pictures of their leather seats? Any recommendations on who to go to? I'd like something special, but I'm not sure what that is yet. I need inspiration.

I know this can be done via the VW dealer. I expect it will be more expensive to do it that way, but I am concerned to not invalidate my warranty. Anyone have an opinion on this.

Don't know anything about doing it through vw you may have to ring your dealer and see what they say about it.
In terms of aftermarket companies, when I was looking into it earlier this year someone on here recommended Transcal. They looked a pretty slick outfit who do loads of calis / transporters so they have all the templates etc.
I emailed them for a price (about £1800 I think) and to discuss how they go about doing it. You can either go to them with your cali and they will drop you into Bristol for the day to do a bit of shopping while you wait, or they come to you and remove your seats, take them away and recover them, then return and refix.
Quite a few photos on their website.

Ours was done through VW before we collected it. I think it was about 2K. I believe the work was actually done by autotrim or autokit - something like that.

It makes the seats very easy to look after.

The front passenger side srs airbag loom got caught in the rotating mechanism on ours recently though and I can only assume it was badly routed/not restrained properly when the seat was recovered. This required the seat to be taken out and stripped in order to repair the damaged wiring loom!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ask for your original seat covers back when it's done, worth some money :)

I think autokit is inka the seat cover maker :thumb

Good tip on Transcal - I did see that post - very nice.

When I said I was going to get the car seats done in leather by VW I actually meant by the dealer, and yes, I think their figure was about £1800 too.

Would anyone be worried about invalidating their warranty by things going wrong as happened to Californiaman? I worry about the in-built heating mechanism. And, would recovering the seats have an impact on unrelated aspects of the warranty? (I haven't yet seen details of the warranty).

had my seats gear leaver cover on at transcal .top work every time .have done lots of calie vans and do all of vanworx vans and totally t4 t5 vans .had the 60yrs logo put in to the seats to [album]1014[/album]had some round cushions made to .speak to mike say martin from weymouth sent you based in bristol .did my van in a day

Ah yes I remember now it was Martin who recommended Transcal to me!

We had a quote from Mid England re-trims last month, they also knocked 10% off for being a club member, getting ours booked in for Februart

£1450.00+VAT. They pre-made everything. I turned up at the Transcal Bristol branch on my way to a week away in Cornwall. Dropped my Cali off at 08.00, they dropped me off in Bristol for a bit of shopping. I was collected at 12.00 and taken back to their workshop to collect my Cali. All finished and hassle free. :thumb

They do look great. Whoever did ours surprised me a little - the door cards, rear offside panel & rear parcel shelf (bed thingy..) were also recovered in the same leather.

must say transcal have a tip top service .think my van was the frist calie they done .the all- so did my 72 beetle seats . :thumb .mike the man for sure

Back