Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kombi for a week(ish)

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
The Cali is in for it's roof job and oil leak - we have a very red Kombi 102PS for a week.

It's pretty basic but has a few extras like parking sensors - quite handsome with plain steels (I'm not a fan of big alloys) and colour coded bumpers. Goes okay despite the weedy engine; that'll be a lack of weight!

It's a bit noisy but I'm fairly impressed - I was expecting worse!

To be honest... I like the Kombi... there's a lot to be said for being able to throw the bikes/diving gear in the back and not worrying about trim etc too much. How are the panels trimmed in the rear?

Also, wondering who's doing the roof? Mines been authorised, but not having much joy getting a date out of the local VW Dealer... They're probably more than a little concerned at getting it right. (Equally I'm not too keen on them learning on my vehicle for the first time)

Rgds
Mark

SimplyDubs said:
To be honest... I like the Kombi... there's a lot to be said for being able to throw the bikes/diving gear in the back and not worrying about trim etc too much. How are the panels trimmed in the rear?

Also, wondering who's doing the roof? Mines been authorised, but not having much joy getting a date out of the local VW Dealer... They're probably more than a little concerned at getting it right. (Equally I'm not too keen on them learning on my vehicle for the first time)

Rgds
Mark

It's much more "lightly" trimmed but it's not bad - the boot is SO much lighter which is handy but the sliding door needs a massive slam to shut it.

I asked them if they're going to do it "properly" - the vague(ish) answer suggested they probably will. Apparently they've done a lot of them.

SimplyDubs said:

I agree - one of the reasons I went for a Beach was so I could use it as a van too and I have but I would really love the freedom to just throw stuff in the back without worrying about the upholstery and trim.

I almost wish we could have a his & hers set - she can have the Cali and I'll have a kombi van! :D

Custardtart said:
I almost wish we could have a his & hers set - she can have the Cali and I'll have a kombi van! :D

That's kind of how we work with the Cali and the T4 Multi :)

There's a lot to be said for it.

Roof done, whole new propshaft/diff assembly needed!!! Being ordered in so it'll get done in a week or so.

KernowLad said:
Roof done, whole new propshaft/diff assembly needed!!! Being ordered in so it'll get done in a week or so.

Just a little work then ;)

Still good to get it sorted.

M

SimplyDubs said:
KernowLad said:

Just a little work then ;)

Still good to get it sorted.

M

Just starting to lose patience a bit; yes it's all under warranty but a lot has home wrong; new steering column, dodgy tracking from new, new roof section, now this. I'm on the verge of throwing a big hissy fit at VW...

Back