Knepp campsite

Skylark2.0

Skylark2.0

The adventure with Starlight Expess begins
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
We want to stay near the Knepp estate but can't find a good campsite with facilities (we and EHU). We would be really grateful for any ideas! We have not done pub sites but maybe this is the time.Thanks in anticipation!

Pub sites generally carparks without facilities, so likely not for you.

The only ones near I can find on the map are Cattlestone Farm, New Wharf and Goffsland Farm.

Pub sites generally carparks without facilities, so likely not for you.

The only ones near I can find on the map are Cattlestone Farm, New Wharf and Goffsland Farm.
That's 2 more than I spotted, thanks!

Have a look at Washington caravan & camping and Wild Heart Hill, both a few miles south of Knepp on the A24.

Stayed at Ecclesden farm site. Facilities are good and the owners John and Jo are really friendly.

We want to stay near the Knepp estate but can't find a good campsite with facilities (we and EHU). We would be really grateful for any ideas! We have not done pub sites but maybe this is the time.Thanks in anticipation!
You don’t say for how long. I wouldn’t stay longer than a night on a pub site because I like a shower. But for one night they tend to be excellent, especially if in a village or countryside, rather than a town where activities can go on longer into the night.
It’s great to make the bed up then enjoy an evening eating and drinking with the locals, before retiring to your bedroom in the corner of the car park.
Usually free on Britstops or SearchforSites etc, I’ve always felt very good with the world in the morning!

Thank you, we have booked Goffsland Farm and will let you know what it's like.
It is helpful to know about the faciliton pub sites, thanks for that too.

Sumners ponds fishery and campsite in barns green has immaculate facilities an amazing cafe, play area for the kids, lovely walks, shop just a walk up the road, beautiful surroundings.

Sumners ponds fishery and campsite in barns green has immaculate facilities an amazing cafe, play area for the kids, lovely walks, shop just a walk up the road, beautiful surroundings.
PS. I have no association, just lived in the area for years and often went there for tea and cakes. despite living less than 2 miles away, we camped there on occasion!