Kitsurfing Northern France

Kitesurfer

Kitesurfer

kitesurfer
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi
Going to france this sunday for two weeks, anyone know the best kitsurfing locations, Normandy / Britony :?:

Terry

We were at la Torche last year and this looked a pretty good spot ,lots of kite surfers

Thanks Gasgas

planning to take a look at St Malo, so could drive down to La Torche

Terry

More on the Cherbourg peninsular than you might be looking at but many years ago I tent camped at this place. http://www.legrandlarge.com/
Site is right on a large beach which I would imagine would be good for kitesurfing. (At that time there was no such thing as kitesurfing), I took my windsurfers but it was a windless week and I only used them only once I think :cry: Moules Frittes in the restaurant up the coast was good though :clap

Owen

Wimereux Pointe des Oies when is wind is blowing from the south, next Tuesday according to WIndfinder, cu there? well worth my 2 hours driving from Belgium

owen_h said:
More on the Cherbourg peninsular than you might be looking at but many years ago I tent camped at this place. http://www.legrandlarge.com/
Site is right on a large beach which I would imagine would be good for kitesurfing. (At that time there was no such thing as kitesurfing), I took my windsurfers but it was a windless week and I only used them only once I think :cry: Moules Frittes in the restaurant up the coast was good though :clap

Owen

Just North of Le Grand Large campsite you can wild-camp at Surtainville - when we arrived the official aire was full, but just to the West of it, on the beach road, is a large lay-by where a couple of mobile homes were parked so we joined them. WC and cold shower available behind the beach lifeguard hut, close by.

We saw plenty of kitesurfing (and the trad sort) going on a bit to the North, at Le Pieux beach, last month - to the West of the town, follow signs steeply downhill to plage. Nice little beach bar (which we tried) and a couple of restaurants (which we didn't). Overnighting permitted (though not official) and WC/shower (cold) block nearby.

Back