Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just want to share something

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Three weeks ago whilst running I realised there wasn't something quite right with my breathing, especially the rhythm through my nose. The hell of cancer raised it's awful head again, worse if possible, the hell of the treatment :shocked

Monday all my worst fears were reflected by health professionals.

Tonight an endoscopy revealed all clear, it was something else.

Sorry if I've been a bit quiet recently :D

Hi Jen , guess thats not much "light hearted chit chat"
Glad you are ok!

Granny Jen, happy to hear that you are almost ok . Take care

glad to hear its not the dreaded C and you are ok gj

Hope you are well soon and sorted. Albert is waiting.

Good news Jen. Glad you are ok.

Thank you,

Feel silly now.

Came home from the hospital tonight still shaking. sometimes our willpower gets shaken, but now I've been refuelling on wine power.

Thank you, not what this forum is about, but then, you are family.

Going to cry now, gone all weepy

Thank you,

Feel silly now.

Came home from the hospital tonight still shaking. sometimes our willpower gets shaken, but now I've been refuelling on wine power.

Chin up, take care.
Wullie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad you're ok Granny Jen . Thought you'd been a bit quiet .These things are sent to test us .
I broke my neck (c2) and wrist 21/2 months ago on my boat in the Morbihan . Just tripped mooring to a buoy fell head first into cockpit . Been serious sailing for 51 years no accidents til now . Vannes hospital fantastic . Flown back in air ambulance after a week .Bishop Skinner insurance sorted all . Speciality Assist fantastic arranging repatriation . You only live twice ! Gave my lovely wife Caligirl a big shock . Think it was much worse for her . Went back to Vannes last week to check boat and check out a few restaurants in the Cali . Great trip . Quiet smooth roads . All the best .

Quite a scare, and a big relief with the all clear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So pleased that you are ok GJ.
You deserve a few glasses of wine after an endoscopy! Yikes:(
Sleep well tonight.

@GrannyJen glad to hear it was something else. I hope you can refill your power and the gastank of Sir Albert and hit the road. I am sure he'll be the best medicine.

Good news Jen, enjoy your weekend. :thumb

Glad you're ok Granny Jen . Thought you'd been a bit quiet .These things are sent to test us .
I broke my neck (c2) and wrist 21/2 months ago on my boat in the Morbihan . Just tripped mooring to a buoy fell head first into cockpit . Been serious sailing for 51 years no accidents til now . Vannes hospital fantastic . Flown back in air ambulance after a week .Bishop Skinner insurance sorted all . Speciality Assist fantastic arranging repatriation . You only live twice ! Gave my lovely wife Caligirl a big shock . Think it was much worse for her . Went back to Vannes last week to check boat and check out a few restaurants in the Cali . Great trip . Quiet smooth roads . All the best .

You take great care of yourself xx

Vannes is a lovely place, but not that lovely to go breaking your neck over!:shocked

I hope recovery is almost complete.

Phew. GJ pleased to hear you are on the mend and Trebor good to hear that the French health system is all its billed as.

Glad to hear it's not what you feared.

No need to feel silly, clearly you need to get checked out if there's any possibility of a recurrence. My OH had prostate cancer 18 years ago and while we don't think about it a lot, we still agree that he should see the GP about odd aches and pains that don't go away.

Thought you had been a little quiet of late - completely understandable. Very glad you had good news. A feared reoccurance of a particularly bad illness is very hard mentally. Be strong and enjoy wine and Albert. :thumb

I am glad it wasnt C and hope you are better. I guess the mind is playing up on you, easy to wander away in various directions. My mothers husband died 20 years ago from C and she always thinks she has the same when she feels bad.
We are thinking about you.

Glad to hear of your good news.
You know, it was reading of your adventures in Albert that helped to make up my mind when debating whether to get a California.

Thank you,

Feel silly now.

Take care, my dear.

I think you will take after the other lady who had an Albert, she lived to a ripe old age. :thumb

Mind you, sooner your Albert than hers! Even she preferred Billy Connolly (can't remember who he played, the gardener or something?)

I just want to thank all of you for the replies and the lovely thoughts.

To be honest this is one of those threads where I woke up in the morning and thought "did I really write that?".....:oops:

Yes, heart on sleeve stuff and this is not the place. This scare did hit me hard, all I kept saying was "leave me alone!!"... but all good news, over it and I should not have written it.

However now I did ... truly, truly, thank you xx

Albert and I are off to France tomorrow, a spot of wine-buying, and coming with me will be my Son, back home after 18 years of living in the USA, a period when at times I despaired of ever seeing him again so it's going to be a great, great Christmas.

Thank you xx

Jen

Fab news Jen, enjoy France and Christmas. :)

Back