Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is this a mistake?

The description and year T5. pictures T6 shocking from a dealer

I thought I was going to be lucky, this is very misleading from the dealer as even the colour is correct, we were all set to leave at 7am in the morning for the three hour journey, I asked him three times if it was a T6 :(

And to think he gets paid for being such a numpty.

I would turn up and charge them for wasting my time lol

:sad Thank you, to you experts I guess this is obvious, I wonder how many others they will reel in with this

Looks ok to me a tad dear for a 140 manual

xxl_kfz45056687_kfz_45056687_7.jpg

It's got led's:thumb and a sport line front spoiler

When I first started looking I was very naive an went to see a California that was advertised on eBay only to find out it was a conversion when I did an HPI check ( this was before I discovered this forum) It ended up a wasted day of travel.

I also notice there are still conversions being sold on ebay and being named as a California.

Obvious to me now but you can imagine a complete newbie to campervans would be fooled
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-VW-T...417906?hash=item2a6607dd72:g:xG0AAOSw-YBXF-I4

When I first started looking I was very naive an went to see a California that was advertised on eBay only to find out it was a conversion when I did an HPI check ( this was before I discovered this forum) It ended up a wasted day of travel.

I also notice there are still conversions being sold on ebay and being named as a California.

When I clicked on this I thought it was going to be a independant back street seller but it is actually Swansea Van Centre !!!!!!

Obvious to me now but you can imagine a complete newbie to campervans would be fooled
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-VW-T...417906?hash=item2a6607dd72:g:xG0AAOSw-YBXF-I4

When I clicked on this I thought it was going to be a independant back street seller but it is actually Swansea Van Centre !!!!!!

Just goes to show what these dealers are like

It is not a T6.

It is a T5.

There is nothing wrong with it being a T5 if it is good value,

If the dealer thinks he is selling a 2014 T6 then he deserves to have his ball joints wrenched :shocked

I don't think it's photoshopped, its a white van and whoever shot slightly over exposed it. I could have a look at it later when I get home and check I guess. ;)

I know Breeze in Poole.

That photo has been taken in a very crammed car park beside the workshop. They have photoshopped out all the other vans that are parked up beside and behind it waiting for work to be done.
The van its self has not been photoshopped, as far as I can tell.

Alan

I don't want a wasted journey tomorrow but the dealer insists this is a T6

https://used.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/...fornia-se-20-bitdi-180ps-dsg/details-nqbmjgcs
Llandudno?

Yeah, they don't really understand the difference between the T5 & T6. I had a long conversation with them in person as I live locally, not about this one but others they have. Comment was I knew more than them but this stuff isn't rocket science.

Better than the dealer the other side the country that doubled the finance rate, changed it from PCP to HP & reduced the contribution after I'd paid a deposit...

I have to admit I've had enough of vw dealers & I'm now likely to buy a conversion off a company that appears competent & trustworthy.

When first thinking about getting a California I rapidly found that there are loads of misleading adverts as to the actual model. Even seen a California advert with no pop up roof! Engine BHP is usually a clue as it seems that California buyers don't spec the lowest powered version.
Quick learning curve and I started carefully looking at photo's and detailed description. I found that putting 'California' in the headline description was used to grab your attention. Obviously illegal but who's going to follow up with that?
Sadly we seem to be in a scamming rip off environment where you really have to trust nobody until proven otherwise.

Pretty sure you Guy's on here have put newbies like me on the right track & saved quite a few thousands.

Definitely looks photoshopped but just to give it a better background by the look of it. Van looks nice otherwise.
Looks like that one MAY have sold - or maybe someone saw this conversation?

The vehicle you are searching for has been sold or is no longer available in our database.<br> <br> Thank you for your understanding.

Looks like that one MAY have sold - or maybe someone saw this conversation?[/
Our van was a very small ad on Autotrader just showed a picture of the garage, Leicester van centre , a brief description of a California with 1000 miles on clock.
Turned out to be 180bhp, DSG with extras and 12 delivery miles, all interior still plastic wrapped and a very good price!
Deal was done on trust no deposit required , train to Leicester , van was better than described .Beautiful Olympic blue ,fitted with awning ,5th seat and other useful upgrades, comfort mattress etc,etc.
We handed over money like a flash and drove it home, owned it for 1 year and have enjoyed it immensely .
Ta to Chris Quigley !

Back