Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is the part-ex with a vw still valid?

Smiffy4bikes

Smiffy4bikes

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Morning all..

I'm still awaiting the confirmed build date for my Cali (hopefully wk 39, ish...:rolleyes:) and remember seeing a thread on here a while back about an extra dealer discount (was it £750??) if you part exchanged a VW vehicle that was registered to you against a new Cali?

I've sold my main vehicle in preparation and I've bought a 53 plate VW Golf to run about in whilst I wait for the Cali to arrive.

Does anyone know if this offer is still current?

Thanks in advance :thumb

Probably best to ask the dealer you are purchasing your new vehicle from for the correct answer imo.

I would assume the deal arranged at the time would stand, if you try to renegotiate the price increase may creep in

Wasn't it more correctly described as a loyalty discount..... You got the discount if you family had a another vw? I don't think you had to part-ex your other vw.

The loyalty bonus is awarded prior to collecting the van and during paying the pre-collection deposit. At this point the V5 document of the other vw vehicle must be in your name, I am not sure how this would work if the other vw vehicle is being part ex'd.

By the way I was quoted a very poor price for part ex by VW and I eventually sold the vehicle privately and the sale price was best part of £1000 higher than the part ex value from VW.

I'm still awaiting the confirmed build date for my Cali (hopefully wk 39, ish...:rolleyes:) and remember seeing a thread on here a while back about an extra dealer discount (was it £750??) if you part exchanged a VW vehicle that was registered to you against a new Cali?

I've sold my main vehicle in preparation and I've bought a 53 plate VW Golf to run about in whilst I wait for the Cali to arrive.

Does anyone know if this offer is still current?

The loyalty discount has now ended..

The loyalty bonus is awarded prior to collecting the van and during paying the pre-collection deposit. At this point the V5 document of the other vw vehicle must be in your name, I am not sure how this would work if the other vw vehicle is being part ex'd.

By the way I was quoted a very poor price for part ex by VW and I eventually sold the vehicle privately and the sale price was best part of £1000 higher than the part ex value from VW.
You will always sell a car privately more expensive as a garage would have to check and warranty a vehicle, as well as pay vat, advertise and clean it.
£1000 difference is a good offer.

You will always sell a car privately more expensive as a garage would have to check and warranty a vehicle, as well as pay vat, advertise and clean it.
£1000 difference is a good offer.
Most part ex'd cars go straight to auction, would any VW commercial garage have cars for sale on the forecourt? VW have regular auction slots through BCA.

Most part ex'd cars go straight to auction, would any VW commercial garage have cars for sale on the forecourt? VW have regular auction slots through BCA.
Even more so then, they need to prep for auction then the buyer would have to sort out the car. Again there is a vat element.

Even more so then, they need to prep for auction then the buyer would have to sort out the car. Again there is a vat element.
Indeed, my first post wasn't an expression of suprise at a low part ex cost it was advice for the OP, it doesn't cost anything to get a quote for a part ex value and don't know until you ask. If the valuation is close to the private sale cost it can potentially save a lot of hassle and be very convenient for a small loss.

Is there vat on second hand Californias ?
All vat registered dealers (ie all but the dodgy ones) pay VAT on the margin they make between their cost price and the sales price achieved.

Also if a vehicle doesn't sell month to month it will book drop and incur housing charges. Its easy to assume that the dealer is making a mint, but in reality, these days, its not the case.

Back