Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ipod sound quality...

Hi,

The iPod sound through the media in kit is very very poor?
Sounds like the speakers are blow..
I've adjusted settings on both iPod and Cali std stereo with no joy!
Radio quality is fine? The iPod is fine on my other VAG cars??

Anyone else with poor sound quality?

Cheers.

my wife had to put ever thing back to factory setting on her iphone 4 .in her new beetle .work ok in calie .turned of shake to shuffle off and EQ off .volume limit on to full .hope this helps :hello

There was some 3-level gain setting on the radio that I had to set - once I found the correct value it was fine but awful before. I can't recall what it was called...
Nick

i am not sure how you are running your ipod - but if it is through aux socket, which is in effect a headphone socket, you will need to adjust the levels - as above, possibly the gain, normally playing your ipod this requires setting because you have in effect two levels to set, ipod, and stereo so you have to find the balance.

Radio is separate and if it's playing fine - then your speakers are not blown :D

Apologies if you've done all this.

James

I had this issue. It turned out to be the media kit being wired in incorrectly. In my case the Ipod was fine but the memory stick was sounded like a blown speaker.

Ok thanks,

I've tried everything and its fine plugged in exactly the same way in A3 and Touran, not aux.

I'll investigate more tomorrow.

Carrg said:
Ok thanks,

I've tried everything and its fine plugged in exactly the same way in A3 and Touran, not aux.

I'll investigate more tomorrow.

Ah right - it will be something simple, people here seem to have more experience - so should get sorted. Let us know though how you solve it, it's bound to happen for someone else.

:)

James

Ours sounds pretty good but not as good as a CD - but then that's almost lossless.

For comedy poor sound, try bluetoothing music!

KernowLad said:
Ours sounds pretty good but not as good as a CD - but then that's almost lossless.

Hey! I've been doing that the last 2 weeks on my pioneer.
Sounds great to me - maybe your BM's sound system isn't all that :twisted::D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Freeley said:
KernowLad said:

Hey! I've been doing that the last 2 weeks on my pioneer.
Sounds great to me - maybe your BM's sound system isn't all that :twisted::D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

You must be semi deaf. No bluetoothed music will ever sound any good. ;)

The BM's sound system isn't particularly special - sounds okay but lacks top end. Silly BMW decided that fitting proper tweeters into a £40k car wasn't needed. :headwall

My MDI connection sound overall is not as good as a CD or radio ,but didn't expect that .I sometimes bluetooth connect now ,as the sound is better than MDI and connects the same time as the phone while it sit's on the dash ... :thumb

We plug the iPod in through the "aux" socket. It's not great! Have to crank up the volume when driving to hear anything. When parked up it obviously cuts out every hour (or thereabouts) so we often have extra speakers which is pretty stupid IMHO.

Probably my biggest (and possibly only) frustration with the Cali.

We had mono only on our Europe trip from our IPOD. When we got back we found it was a duff double jack plug cable, £2.75 from Amazon for a new one and it's all sorted. Having said that, with the IPOD and the van volume turned up full the quieter bits of music are not too easy to hear.

Iain&Shani said:
We plug the iPod in through the "aux" socket. It's not great! Have to crank up the volume when driving to hear anything. When parked up it obviously cuts out every hour (or thereabouts) so we often have extra speakers which is pretty stupid IMHO.

Probably my biggest (and possibly only) frustration with the Cali.

It's not the Cali or VW's fault - an aux socket is is in effect just a headphone socket - that's why you have to crank up the volume.

It's a fairly simple way of getting an ipod plugged into the stereo.

James

KernowLad said:
You must be semi deaf. No bluetoothed music will ever sound any good. ;)

Not entirely true .....

Bluetooth does support A2DP for stereo streaming of music, this can be made even better if the equipment also supports the aptX codec. The likes of Sennheiser now produce bluetooth stereo headphones of very good quality

The problem is likely to be that the VW bluetooth solution was designed for mono mobile phone audio not high quality stereo. New bluetooth solutions are available but the OEM automotive design and approval cycle is very lengthy.

You can get BT audio dongles that plug into the AUX in that stream from iPODs etc, the problem is that they have batteries that need charging.

You must be semi techy ;-)

we have media interface and ipod dock in dash set up...
brilliant quality.....no probs at all

Back