Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Introduction from Northern Ireland

NI Bob

NI Bob

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi All,
I have been studying hard to understand the complexities of buying a Cali, feels like im studying for a degree course. Its has been great reading through the many threads, gathering valuable information and i think that many of you could pass a Masters on the subject, Bamber Gascoigne would be proud of you!:thumb

Living in Northern Ireland limits my options dramatically, (in fact to one dealer whose staff were pleasant but had little product knowledge), so i will probably do my dealing via phone and email then have to travel to the mainland to collect, however I haven't placed my order yet and i know that collection will be quite some time from now.

I am new to forums and don't understand many of their intricacies e.g. The tag space below, but sure that can be another degree course! I am however use to buying on the mainland and have bought two caravans, one in England & one in Scotland.:) I am also use to holidaying with my wife and three children through Scotland, Wales, England, france, Italy & spain for the last 16 or so years. For the last three years i have left my caravan in storage in Northern spain and hence my desire for a Cali to enable us to be able to have weekends touring during the year, then travel through europe and to the van in the summer.

Hope my into is suitable and looking forward to

Welcome allong!

Hello Bob and welcome.

Don't worry if you are new to forums, you will find this lot a most helpful and friendly bunch (mostly :)) and will be pleased to help all we can so just ask.

Lovely to have you on board and please join in as much as you want, can and are allowed to.:D

Many thanks for the welcome,
Ps. Jen love your web site, some great reads!!

Hi Bob!!

Welcome! Fellow Ulsterman here! I'm new to this forum also, and the VW camper scene altogether I suppose...

However, I have a T6 California Beach on order (from our one-and-only local dealer.) I did shop around, in GB & Ireland, but found the discount offered locally was within 0.5-1% of the best I was offered elsewhere. Whilst I completely understand your "product knowledge" concerns, I decided to persevere and avoid the costs of collecting from the mainland. I also found that most questions I had, were answered here, on this forum. Lack of demonstrator here was also a pain-point tho...

Anyway, it'll be good to hear from you or see you on the road someday! I'm hoping for a February delivery, at this stage.

Better get back to my pint...

Jonathan

Hi Bob!!

Welcome! Fellow Ulsterman here! I'm new to this forum also, and the VW camper scene altogether I suppose...

However, I have a T6 California Beach on order (from our one-and-only local dealer.) I did shop around, in GB & Ireland, but found the discount offered locally was within 0.5-1% of the best I was offered elsewhere. Whilst I completely understand your "product knowledge" concerns, I decided to persevere and avoid the costs of collecting from the mainland. I also found that most questions I had, were answered here, on this forum. Lack of demonstrator here was also a pain-point tho...

Anyway, it'll be good to hear from you or see you on the road someday! I'm hoping for a February delivery, at this stage.

Better get back to my pint...

Jonathan[/QUOTE

Hi Jonathan,
many thanks for the welcome, I still haven't confirmed as I am waiting for a couple of more quotes back and still with one eye out for a used cali T6 auto 4 motion. They are like hen's teeth and there is More chance of Ulster winning a rugby match ! :Depressed:Depressed

Take care
Bob

Back