Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Introducing ourselves

Scott and Linda

Scott and Linda

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hello all,

Linda and I live in Liverton,South Devon ,next to Dartmoor National Park and both retired last year and have been trying for some time to find the best fit leisure vehicle.We tried a small new caravan (Swift Basecamp Plus ), over the last 12 months but that did not work for us ( it was our first ever caravan and we hated the towing and set up,poor build quality,lack of flexibility of use etc).After much research over several months the Caravan v Motorhome v Campervan debate was finally resolved for us and our life style.After looking at several campervan conversion companies and actual conversions (some very impressive),we finally viewed the VW California Ocean. It ticked all the boxes for us and is so well designed ,versatile,now we are completely hooked (the quality build, tech is fantastic ).So,we take delivery of a new California Ocean 6.1 4 Motion next week,very excited indeed! We know we have much to learn (and buy)to get the very best from our California and what better place to learn that joining the California Club and being able to get good experienced, advice from members.The shop looks great and we are seriously looking at VIP membership.
So some basic questions already please:
VW do not supply a gas bottle so where is best place to buy one and type?VW do not supply the long hook up lead and we need the adapter to convert from the European (short one supplied for European hook up ) to UK site hookup /grid?! Many thanks/
We do look forward to meeting members out on the road soon.
Kind regards
Scott and Linda

Hello all,

Linda and I live in Liverton,South Devon ,next to Dartmoor National Park and both retired last year and have been trying for some time to find the best fit leisure vehicle.We tried a small new caravan (Swift Basecamp Plus ), over the last 12 months but that did not work for us ( it was our first ever caravan and we hated the towing and set up,poor build quality,lack of flexibility of use etc).After much research over several months the Caravan v Motorhome v Campervan debate was finally resolved for us and our life style.After looking at several campervan conversion companies and actual conversions (some very impressive),we finally viewed the VW California Ocean. It ticked all the boxes for us and is so well designed ,versatile,now we are completely hooked (the quality build, tech is fantastic ).So,we take delivery of a new California Ocean 6.1 4 Motion next week,very excited indeed! We know we have much to learn (and buy)to get the very best from our California and what better place to learn that joining the California Club and being able to get good experienced, advice from members.The shop looks great and we are seriously looking at VIP membership.
So some basic questions already please:
VW do not supply a gas bottle so where is best place to buy one and type?VW do not supply the long hook up lead and we need the adapter to convert from the European (short one supplied for European hook up ) to UK site hookup /grid?! Many thanks/
We do look forward to meeting members out on the road soon.
Kind regards
Scott and Linda
Welcome Scott. What a wonderful part of the country you live in. You can be camping every day! I love Dartmoor. Congratulations on the choice of the Cali and do post some pics when you take delivery and bring her home.

Yes, VW do not supply a gas bottle. The Cali uses a Campingaz bottle which come in two sizes - 907, and a 904. The 907 is the bigger one and the correct one for the California. All the assemblage to connect the bottle to the van will already be fitted to the rear cupboard shelf.

On purchase - if you type in "Campingaz refill near me" in google maps or google search, you should be directed to suppliers who can provide you with a bottle. A good way to do it is - get an empty bottle off ebay etc for £5 or £10 and then exchange that for a full bottle which varies anywhere from £20 to £50 depending on the supplier (they have a monopoly so the prices vary). Many on here have a 2nd 907 or a 904 as a backup, to use when the main gas runs out ... but not essential.

On the cable, pick up the cable and the EU converted from the club shop. If you become a member you get a 5% discount as well.

What you need are these two

Enjoy the Cali experience and ask any questions you have. We are a helpful lot :thumb

Last edited:
Hello Scott & Linda,
Congratulations on the purchase of your new Cali. We placed an order for a new Ocean last week and we now face the long wait for delivery! We have had tents, motorhomes and, in recent years, a touring caravan, but feel that the camper van set up will suit our family better. We cannot wait for ours, but its looking like the end of the year for delivery at the earliest.
In terms of the gas bottle, you will need a Campingaz 907 bottle, which are readily available to buy from local caravan and motorhome dealers. I would probably buy a 25 metre mains lead from amazon or ebay. Again, there are loads of places to get those. Same for the adapters.
Enjoy your new Cali.
Ant

:welcome Scott & Linda, I see you first questions are already answered above. I would recommend the VIP membership as it offers you discounts on useful purchases from the club shop (amongst other things). Hope you don’t have too long to wait for you Cali and enjoy searching the forum, buying your accessories and planning some trips, in the meantime.

:welcome Scott & Linda
Excellent post by Kurienp
Becoming a VIP member is with worth every penny, not only do you support this wonderful forum, you get discount and access to restricted info.
iMO worth every penny
Post some obligatory photos when the baby arrives.
Very Jeff you location.
Enjoy

Last edited:
@Scott and Linda - we're selling a lot of our California accessories and will be listing them at the weekend. We have a 907 bottle, which we're selling as empty (although it's probably about half full) and will be listed as £10.00 - collection from Exmouth.
Hello Mr and Mrs B,
We would be very interested in buying your 907 bottle and are looking for the screen and pop up covers to protect against cold and wet,a ladder for getting to upstairs (2 piece,bag and secures to rear of seats) and a bike rack and storage ideas so far! But would like to know what you are selling great and thanks.We live in Liverton,Newton Abbot Devon so not far from you!
Kind regards
Scott and Linda

:welcome Scott & Linda, I see you first questions are already answered above. I would recommend the VIP membership as it offers you discounts on useful purchases from the club shop (amongst other things). Hope you don’t have too long to wait for you Cali and enjoy searching the forum, buying your accessories and planning some trips, in the meantime.
Thank you Alison for good advice and trying to join VIP membership this afternoon but seems to be a glitch on the system so far.
kind regards
Scott and Linda

:welcome Scott & Linda
Excellent post by Kurienp
Becoming a VIP member is with worth every penny, not only do you support this wonderful forum, you get discount and access to restricted info.
iMO worth every penny
Post some obligatory photos when the baby arrives.
Very Jeff you location.
Enjoy
Thanks Perfectos very good advice and we are trying to join VIP membership but finding a problem with the system this afternoon.
Kind regards

Scott and Linda

Hi @Scott and Linda - I have already listed the Campingaz 907 under Accessories for Sale as well as a few other accessories we are selling. Some are not yet listed as I've got a bit side tracked today, but the rest will be listed soon (current full list below). If you're interested in the gas bottle (or anything else) please reply to the post and send me a message (I think you may need to wait until your VIP membership is sorted out for messages - I'm sure one of the admin will correct me if wrong!). Once you send me a message I can contact you regarding payment and collection details as the gas bottle is collection only.

Brandrup Anti-Slip Protection Inlays for the rear wardrobe shelves and three of the kitchen shelves (not the bottom right kitchen shelf) - £25.00

Brandrup Boot Carpets in Moonrock Grey – three carpets - floor, right and left wall carpets - £95.00

Brandrup Noise Reducing Carpet Set for Drawer – Black – four carpets - base and four sides - £35.00

Brandrup Flex Stern Bag for Ocean - £95.00

Comfortz Fabric Mattress Protector for Downstairs Bed - Fits the 'Comfort' mattress - £50.00

Dometic 972 toilet and Waterproof Bag - £70.00

Bellows Bungee & Tear Aid – both new - £10.00

Campingaz 907 – selling as empty but probably about half full - £10.00

VW Campervan Pitch Reserved Sign - £7.00

Thanks, Kath
Hello Kath,
We definitely want to buy your 907 bottle and can collect.We will view your long list of accessories.However we cannot post as not VIP,but cannot join as system seems to be down?! I have already raised the problem?
Kind regards
Scott and Linda

Hi @Scott and Linda - no problem. I've marked the gas bottle as 'Sold' and will keep it for you until your VIP membership is sorted and you can send me a message.
Kath