Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

In the market for a Cali

mapman

mapman

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi everyone
Mark from Newcastle.
I'm after Cali 140 SE, viewed one for £40,000, good spec, 6mths old, 3000miles on clock at VW dealer but gobsmacked at only £800 discount with deposit of £12000, is this what others have experienced?
Cheers
Mark

Hi mark welcome along
With regards the Cali you are looking at. I'm afraid vw dealers are not offering a great discount on cali's
The main reason is the margins they are working to. They make very little prophit on a Cali. In fact I was told by a vw dealer they don't even bother moving them about as it just isn't worth it. I know this doesn't help you that much.
It's one of the reasons Cali hold their value so well.

Ours was moved from Peterborough to Coventry but sold at the same price as Peterborough had it up at, £44K less a fiver!! We had already found out that the same model had sold a week earlier at Cov for £43,200. They weren't interested in dropping any further!

Sharing this sort of info makes this site all the more valuable and certainly worth the price of admission!

Got our pre-reg (Sept 2011), 16 miles on the clock 4Motion with a stack of extras (listing at nearly £52k) for a notch under £45k.

We paid cash though which may have made a wee difference. We were offered a pretty poor price for our p/x vehicle (LR Defender 110XS, late 2007) and managed to get £2k more down here selling non p/x to a dealer!!

I was initially a little unimpressed with the discounts being offered and felt the negotiations were very much one sided so we said we'd leave it (had placed a refundable deposit on it). This "stance" managed to knock more money off it and get about £300 more extras thrown in.

Play hardball, negotiate hard.

IMO Cali customers are very scarce. Can't be a huge number of camper van customers with £40-50k to spend that want a small van as opposed to a big mobile home? I may be wrong but while the Cali is absolutely in a class of it's own (small, fairly lightly specced compared to big mobile homes, but seriously high quality!) , that same characteristic reduces potential customers.

We used the best price for the spec we wanted from the drive the deal website. We got to within £340 of it with our local dealer so went with them.

hi i have a 180 dsg big spec for sale sand beige metallic september 61 plate 1700 miles if its of interest give me a shout 07834606775 i'm in bournemouth ps i'm not a dealer