Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ID Buzz Contract Hire Pricing £250 per month + VAT!

• Thread starter WestSussexSpike
  • Start date
Sold for £5,750 plus buyers premium I suppose. Who says a £400 design faux pas in 1985 couldn't be a good investment.
If it had been a moderate success paradoxically they wouldn't have been worth as much today. Same as the Delorean cars, they were an engineering failure but the quirkyness (of course helped by Marty McFly!) means they sell for a lot of money these days!

Interesting thread. I've had the latest repair bill for my old diesel Volvo last week and it prompted me to compare the running costs to leasing an ev. The comparison justified a spend of ~£230/month to break even, which surprised me. I figured I'd pick up an MG4... then I saw the deals on the Buzz on Sunday and I couldn't resist. I've been lusting after a Cali and then a Buzz for years now but could never justify it.. until now. So I've just picked up a Buzz Style Pro for 268/mo + 6 months up front, with 10k miles/year on a business contract, which is frankly an unbelievably good deal. Once the various tax implications are considered, the effective cost to me is -£216/mo. So, still quids in. My wife and kids are overjoyed, and I get to cruise around in a car that will make me.smile every time I get into it.

Interesting thread. I've had the latest repair bill for my old diesel Volvo last week and it prompted me to compare the running costs to leasing an ev. The comparison justified a spend of ~£230/month to break even, which surprised me. I figured I'd pick up an MG4... then I saw the deals on the Buzz on Sunday and I couldn't resist. I've been lusting after a Cali and then a Buzz for years now but could never justify it.. until now. So I've just picked up a Buzz Style Pro for 268/mo + 6 months up front, with 10k miles/year on a business contract, which is frankly an unbelievably good deal. Once the various tax implications are considered, the effective cost to me is -£216/mo. So, still quids in. My wife and kids are overjoyed, and I get to cruise around in a car that will make me.smile every time I get into it.
Awesome stuff! but most of us on here are private not business so unlikely to get such a good deal........ unless......... this was private.......if so.....where? :cool:

I was loaned a buzz when my Cali was having something fixed. I really liked that I didn’t have to get used to a very different driving position (unlike when I drive our current second car)…but it did make my Cali feel very heavy when I got back in it. I think I would find this quite jarring if I was constantly switching between them. The buzz was so smooth and effortless to drive …such a shame physics / dimensions / weight gets in the way of what would be a great campervan!

I was loaned a buzz when my Cali was having something fixed. I really liked that I didn’t have to get used to a very different driving position (unlike when I drive our current second car)…but it did make my Cali feel very heavy when I got back in it. I think I would find this quite jarring if I was constantly switching between them. The buzz was so smooth and effortless to drive …such a shame physics / dimensions / weight gets in the way of what would be a great campervan!
Put a 110kWh battery, poptop and habitation in the Buzz and it won't feel quite so nimble. Have to compare apples to apples. A 204PS Beach would be a better comparo.

Mind me asking where you sourced this?

I was buying a Buzz from new. But I cancelled the order this summer for various reasons and bought a Cali.

I’m handing my 330e back to the lease co. At that money though, I would lease a Buzz and have plenty of £ left over to insure/service the Cali.

Are you on a salary give up or a business contract hire?

Q4 2023 leaase deals have been an hit on the ID Buzz Facebook. Q1 2024 deals as not so good. (I think its expensive, but then again I buy so pay nowt monthly for a vehicle and just forget about the 60k I handed over)

Back