Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to Replace Roof Sensors

Well done, even if it has been a while. Very comprehensive report. I just got the price from my Norwegian dealership. They are asking for 750 GBP for the sensors, labor comes on top. I think I want to order the BMW sensors, like you did. They cost 19 GBP per sensor. Anything else I should consider?
No, it’s all written there. I would get the tools. I am no mechanic but this wasn’t too difficult to do. A couple of people seem to have connected them the wrong way around but for me it was clear red to red, brown to brown.

It’s important to have time and good weather. Once you disconnect the batteries you can’t put the roof down until you have finished and reconnected. Good luck

A massive thank you to Lambeth Cali. I had the same fault and could not raise the roof. Took it to Vw, diagnosis was a faulty sensor, cost to repair £3700, that was to replace the full roof harness and labour. Thought no way - read your post on how to change the senors but didn’t feel confident enough to attempt it myself. Went to a local garage explained the issue to the auto electrician, I sourced the sensor part from BMW ( hall sensor part number 54347190735). Also left him a copy of your process. Van all fixed and working cost was £26 for sensor including post. £380 from garage to carry out the work. Saving on Vw approx £3300.

Once again thanks for the post and thanks all for this site, been a member for a while and don’t usually post anything. I’ll try harder in future to pass on any helpful tips

cheers all.

For an auto electrician it should be a very straightforward job. They do exist if you search on Google maps.
If the roof is stuck down then that obviously causes additional problems.