Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How the Scammers try it on!

......apart from the colour?

No such model. I don't think the 2.0 lt engine was available in 2009.

Check all the pictures on the link.

Correct about the engine size Calikev.

But what else?

Different plate to the rear?

Biggest thing is the price it's about £3000 underpriced

My eyes are poor but it looks like a 55 plate

Where has all the tint glass windows gone ?Solid brown panel instead glass window.
.......Whoops didn't read the link. Meant to be a transporter.

Last edited:
image.jpeg Isn't it just that the 2nd image has been mirrored, so it's the same side as the first image in reality?

Last edited:
Correct.
And there are some others like that on eBay. But you can see that it is not that obvious to someone who is not interested in that vehicle type and who hasn't their research.

There is a guy who spends most of his days busting scams on some other VW forums, its amazing how often he catches them and how little is done about the people repeatedly trying to scam.

I'd certainly be very cautious about Ebay these days.

There is a guy who spends most of his days busting scams on some other VW forums, its amazing how often he catches them and how little is done about the people repeatedly trying to scam.

I'd certainly be very cautious about Ebay these days.
How exactly does the scam work, surely when it comes to collecting and paying for the van it wouldn't stand up to visual scrutiny or basic checks. The doctored pictures might lure bidders but when it comes to handing cash at the point of collection it is very likely that the scam would fail.

How exactly does the scam work, surely when it comes to collecting and paying for the van it wouldn't stand up to visual scrutiny or basic checks. The doctored pictures might lure bidders but when it comes to handing cash at the point of collection it is very likely that the scam would fail.
Some people will pay without seeing, even pay to have delivered and of course a deposit to secure. Many ways. Must work because it's happening all the time.

Yes Ebay has gone a bit mad, who would really buy any motor vehicle without going to look at it, I certainly wouldnt.

Yes Ebay has gone a bit mad, who would really buy any motor vehicle without going to look at it, I certainly wouldnt.
At least a couple of friends have bought cars on eBay but they didn't part with any cash until they saw the vehicle and paid on collection, I didn't think anyone would do it any other way.

Hey....on the positive side..the sellers got alot more 'views' thanks to us! Such ads really do annoy tho, especially the non california, not california, california style conversion adverts which are not our vw California. Buyer beware suppose, fool and their money etc. Yet some unfortunates get duped.