Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How much Cali do you get for £20k??

Andypandy1930 said:
Import costs are not that high it's around £80 for the export/import plates and documents and then when back in the uk it's the cost of an mot and tax and £55 fee

It is - I did it with my American T3 - :)

James

Andypandy1930 said:
Evening all I am the person red red Zimmer is talking about the Cali in question would of been a good buy and a slip up on my part had it been a t3 Cali I would have been on the ball but live and learn. James I have emailed the one on the German link you found and will phone them tomorrow importing wont be an issue as my last Cali I imported from Frankfurt just a bit ironic I will need to fly abroad to buy one when there was the one 10 miles away. I was the first person to view and drive the Cali in all the time they had it for sale

That's good news - there are a few sites to buy German Calis but mobile.de is one of the biggest sites. Also, it's a good place to research, compare prices etc. I don't know much but if you want a hand any advice about models etc, please let me know. I think it's just a case of researching but if you need a hand let me know.

Let us know how you get on :)

James

Let's hope something comes off, and all this from a spur of the moment look on eBay

Thanks James. I found my t3 on autoscout24 and as you say mobile is a good site

How much Cali do you get for 20K?

Almost half of one?

Andypandy1930 said:
Import costs are not that high it's around £80 for the export/import plates and documents and then when back in the uk it's the cost of an mot and tax and £55 fee

Andy's right, import costs from Germany are basically drive-it-home costs, the reg is negligible & there should be no import duty. One thing the EU has sorted for us :) Importing from the US is very different & can be expensive (I've done a couple of air cooled VWs from there when prices weren't so mental)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AndyFromTheBrac said:
Andypandy1930 said:

Andy's right, import costs from Germany are basically drive-it-home costs, the reg is negligible & there should be no import duty. One thing the EU has sorted for us :) Importing from the US is very different & can be expensive (I've done a couple of air cooled VWs from there when prices weren't so mental)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think there are only import costs below 6 or 5 km because it is classed as a new vehicle. (Think!)

But I'd happily import from Germany.

James

I noticed an early LHD T5 Cali on Autotrader today at £23.5k.... stuff certainly seems to be getting towards the £20k mark!!

One on eBay at present. It's a high mileage French import so LHD but still sub 20k.

Surely the cheapest 4motion to date!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loads of the options, factory build and price convinced us to buy our LHD imported new by a Dutch first owner. We saw it while looking Bilbo's conversions, the spec and the price compared to the RHD made it well worth it; I reckon at least £4k saving on a similar spec RHD. Windows down the right hand side mean the blind spots are much reduced and there's no steering wheel to hinder the right seat swivel - just as VW intended it!

there's no steering wheel to hinder the right seat swivel
But you've got the sink AND the steering wheel on the same side so doesn't that make it even more difficult to swivel the LH driver seat?

You are right that is a pain but rarely bother.:rolleyes: Driver's seat gets used as a dumping ground. In a few years when No.2 child is bigger we may have to rethink but by then I suspect we'll have a driveaway awning!:thumb

Depends how long it takes to notice. :headbang

Back