soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Kennycalifornia
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Ok guys.
What are you getting with your Beaches. Usually costs me around £100 to fill and returns over or around 520 miles-ish. Mix of motorway and town driving and cruise at 80 where possible.
This morning I drove down to the coast and cruised most of the way at a steady 68mph to see if fuel economy increased.

Computer says avg cons. 38mpg
Van is a 2012 model 140bhp.

889A37E2-9151-4675-B2E5-E00B7BF6BCE2_zpse5j4rv5y.jpg

We've only done 2,500 miles in ours,mixture of decent motorway runs and normal local driving and ours is about the same consumption as yours.I'll try and report back when We've drove to Croatia and back (going next monday),be interesting to see how it fares over that type of trip.

So far been pretty impressed with the Beach mpg had it 4 months done 5k miles

Driving down to Limoges in France got 39.3 mpg (Averaging 65 to 70 mph)
Around town on the daily commute average 36 mpg
Down the M1 from Leeds in the 50mph road works is my fav 48.6 Mpg

If i wanted better for the daily commute , taking the 3 seater bench and flex board out would also help but it aint worth the hassle

I have the 114 BHP Blumotion 5 Speed Beach, and find that an extra 10 MPH can cost 10 MPG.

75mph (satnav not speedo) I get mid thirties MPG

65mph (satnav not speedo) I get mid forties MPG

Also having the bike rack on the back makes a big difference! (2-3 MPG)

Around town it can be bad, I take my daughter to school on my way to work, total journey is less than 5 miles and I get 30-31 MPG at best.

I have found my Cali has improved with a few miles. I now have 18K on the clock.

140bhp 6speed manual with 17k on the clock.

I'm still averaging 36-37mpg with mixed motorway and town driving.

I can get more if I drive slowly on the motorway. Constant 60mph will see me into the 40mpg's.

Due to the brick like aerodynamics the difference between 60 - 70 - 80 mile per hour can be massive - much more obvious than a car.

I might do the trip home either tomorrow evening or Thursday morning and cruise at 80 and see if it alters much.
Through Germany recently I used the autobahn, cruise set at 88 and I was one of the slower vehicles. But I still managed 530 miles to the tank and I did a lot of miles on the autobahn...???
Confused :crazy

Beach 2012, 140. Bristol to Athens and return: Total miles 3948 Overall fuel consumption = 37.76 mpg Average speed = 48.27 mph

Back