Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hose pipe ban

Andy

Andy

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Just washed my Cali, it really needed it. No I didn't use a hose but lugged loads of buckets of water up the drive.

How can a company like Anglian Water who's 2010 profits were £709m justify preventing their customers from using their product how they want. If we do not get sufficient rain then Anglian Water should spend some of their extortionate profits on improving things ie invest in their business. They could either put a pipe line in across the country to a region where they have an excess & pipe it to dry areas. Or they could invest in desalination plants. After all we are an island & there is no shortage of sea!
It's not recket science, we put men on the moon over forty years ago !!!

Utility companies should NEVER have been privatised.

But of course this is UK & god forbid a company should eat into it's profits, no let the customer suffer !
What ever happened to 'customer is king' ???

Rant over, just taking a chill pill !!

I'm thinking of a waterbutt pump and pressure washer. :thumb probably by the time I get round to it the hosepipe ban will be over :barmy

We recently discovered that our Karcher pressure washer (actually models K3 and above) can draw water itself directly from a water source up to 1m below it.

They sell a low cost feeder hose (3m long) with a filter, but to be honest you could just use some normal hose with some sort of debris filter on the end.

So depending on what pressure washer you have perhaps no need for a watt butt pump :clap

Simon

I do attach a hose directly to the water butt to fill my leaking pond( fixed now) so
Could try fixing pressure washer up to that :thumb cheers for the idea :thumb

great idea ....water butt connected to the jet washer perfect..... :thumb

need to make sure it's clean otherwise it will be like sand blasting the van.... :shocked