Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hire drive away awning .

G

Greergn

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi we are hiring an Ocean before we decide to buy and wanted to hire a drive away awning but none of the hire companies do this for the 6.1. if anyone knows a company that might hire it separately so we can experience as close to the final setup we think we might need when we buy. All advice and suggestions appreciated. Based in North Somerset and off to Pembrokeshire for a week in early June.

Hi we are hiring an Ocean before we decide to buy and wanted to hire a drive away awning but none of the hire companies do this for the 6.1. if anyone knows a company that might hire it separately so we can experience as close to the final setup we think we might need when we buy. All advice and suggestions appreciated. Based in North Somerset and off to Pembrokeshire for a week in early June.
As a last resort one you could buy one and sell it on after if you decide the Cali is not for you?

Try it without is my suggestion and ask yourself why you want one. We purchased one as so many said how good they were. We found the drive away awning, a pain to put up, take down, dry out, store in the van during travels, store at home and when erected it obliterates the view from the van. We were just delighted to get rid of it and have not looked back. There are only the two of us which may make a big difference.

Try it without is my suggestion and ask yourself why you want one. We purchased one as so many said how good they were. We found the drive away awning, a pain to put up, take down, dry out, store in the van during travels, store at home and when erected it obliterates the view from the van. We were just delighted to get rid of it and have not looked back. There are only the two of us which may make a big difference.
True ! We are a family of four (well five including out dog) so make good use of it. I'm not sure if we'd have one if it was just the two of us...

Hi thanks for the advice it’s much appreciated. We have hired the side panels for the van awning which will give an idea of the usefulness of the additional space but not the drive away part. I take your point about storage and getting it dry. Was yours an inflatable type ? I had hoped these would be quick to erect ?

Hi thanks for the advice it’s much appreciated. We have hired the side panels for the van awning which will give an idea of the usefulness of the additional space but not the drive away part. I take your point about storage and getting it dry. Was yours an inflatable type ? I had hoped these would be quick to erect ?
Ours was a Vango Air, so inflatable. Also be aware that some sites are now refusing to allow integral ground sheets as these kill the grass if the awning is left up for long. Honestly, I can't think of anything good to say about Drive Away Awnings. Some will disagree - so be it.