High roof

C

Cali1

VIP Member
Vehicle
Please Select
Hi everyone,
Question.
Has anyone fitted a high top on the Cali.. can it be done?

I’ve had the van seven years, love it use it regular summer and winter to work from.

My thoughts are keep the roof bed, put a high top fixed in place,be able to sleep upstairs and use for extra storage.
I
I can then drop the rear seat further back give more space for the my three dogs.

Thoughts, options?
Thanks

If you look at the Autosleeper Trident high roof - the bed was only suitable for very small children as there was insufficient hight above the so called upstairs bed. I don't think it would be possible unless a very tall high roof, sorry.

Hi everyone,
Question.
Has anyone fitted a high top on the Cali.. can it be done?

I’ve had the van seven years, love it use it regular summer and winter to work from.

My thoughts are keep the roof bed, put a high top fixed in place,be able to sleep upstairs and use for extra storage.
I
I can then drop the rear seat further back give more space for the my three dogs.

Thoughts, options?
Thanks
It can be done. A firm called Polyroof (polyroof.de) will add a high roof, bed etc and from photos I’ve seen do a very professional job. It’s something I’ve been thinking about. My personal concerns however are;

- it costs about 10000 Euros and a trip to Germany adds to the cost
- what impact might it have on residuals of a Cali in Uk
- the roof bed does look shallow with not much headroom

Anybody out there had this done by Polyroof?

You could probably offset some of the costs of a polyroof by selling your roof and lip spoiler. They are quite sought after in the UK... But not sure how you'd get it home if you've had polyroof fit your hightop in Germany!

The Poly roof looks great, would need extra height to allow sleeping as Digger mentioned.
Not worried resale hoping to be old and grey with the van still!!!

I’ll message poly see what they come back with.

The Poly roof looks great, would need extra height to allow sleeping as Digger mentioned.
Not worried resale hoping to be old and grey with the van still!!!

I’ll message poly see what they come back with.
They’ve just sent me through some details but I I haven’t go around to translating yet as of course all in German. Let me know if you decide to go ahead. I think it’s reasonably popular in Germany but I’ve yet to see one in UK.

I can't see why a REIMO high roof wouldn't do the job as well. Try speaking to Concept Multicar at Hythe. They have fitted these high roofs for me on LWB T5s and a T6 in the past. I think REIMO have two versions of roof for a SWB T6, one taller than the other Ergoline being the tall one. The internal height of mine is 30 inches from the top of the sliding door, I've used that datum as it is common to all versions of T5/T6.
Ignore my Avatar as that's a factory high roof not a REIMO one.

Rod

Back