Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi just ordered my first Cali

• Thread starter CaliforniaORbust
  • Start date
Hi
Just ordered my first Cali (Surf). Hopefully will be the shorter end of the 3-6 months timeline quoted! Would be interested in any experiences of recent order delivery times.
What spec did you go for?

Very nice.

No Awning though? Are you going to add a black one later?

We ordered ours 4 weeks ago and have just been told build week 17 confirmed so w/c 17/04/23. 2-3 week build plus 4 weeks delivery puts us in mid June, which is what we were quoted as an estimate when we ordered. Very fast!

Just std + Indium grey metallic + Adaptive cruise + privacy glass.
Cant believe the spec for the price 150bhp Auto and the stuff missing compared to Ocean Im not fussed about
Look forward to seeing some pics. Might be the first we’ll see of a Surf on the forum?

Hi
Just ordered my first Cali (Surf). Hopefully will be the shorter end of the 3-6 months timeline quoted! Would be interested in any experiences of recent order delivery times.
By way of an update - just found out today my Surf is being built this week so hopefully collection early/mid July - right then where is my credit card…..

Update - got an email from EuroVans Crawley today positively advising that my van has left the factory and on its way to the UK (ordered end March).
So that is really great news - excitement mounting! As is the huge pile of kit for the van in the spare room .
Negative is that the so called “free” one year’s insurance requires a tracker fitting (which they can do for £400 odd…..). I will be using Comfort!!
So my discount “package” just fell in value by £400!!! As I now have to pay for my first years insurance - not a great transparent sales process by VW. I am discussing this with EV.

Hi
7 months for us

Update - got an email from EuroVans Crawley today positively advising that my van has left the factory and on its way to the UK (ordered end March).
So that is really great news - excitement mounting! As is the huge pile of kit for the van in the spare room .
Negative is that the so called “free” one year’s insurance requires a tracker fitting (which they can do for £400 odd…..). I will be using Comfort!!
So my discount “package” just fell in value by £400!!! As I now have to pay for my first years insurance - not a great transparent sales process by VW. I am discussing this with EV.
Don’t bother with their free insurance.
I got LV insurance from day 1
Day 2 had a Ghost2 and Global Telemetrics - Trident (Thatcham Category 6 and S7) - TSC027)
which is a real time tracking device installed.
Pay 12.99 a month subscription for the tracker.
If the battery gets disconnected, the GLobal Tele ring me after 20 seconds and asked if I’ve removed the battery.
If the Camper rolls more than 6 feet with no key in ignition, you get a pop up alert on our phones and again global ring you to make sure you know where the camper is.
It’s peace of mind as I cannot now order a new 4 Motion from new.
Total cost was £449 installed, for the ghost, had the tracker installed for free (the offer at the time)
3 year warranty on both.
Can also pay £549 for life for the tracker.
So if I keep camper for 15 years would be a cost of £3 a month.

Why not take the free years insurance and buy the tracker with money you would pay Comfort insurance? TBH when I got a quote from Comfort in April it was £800 and tracker was mandatory as-well. Obviously the dealer should have told you about the tracker (ours did). Also got a quote from LVE approx £580 no mention of tracker, but year 1 will take the free insurance and use the saved cash to get a tracker that I want on the van anyway.

Negative is that the so called “free” one year’s insurance requires a tracker fitting (which they can do for £400 odd…..). I will be using Comfort!!.
You could get one of these..