Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from Spain

:welcome to the forum, stacks of info for you here. I'm not a Beach expert but in the UK the Beach is available with either 102bhp or 150bhp engine not the 204 you desire. :thumb

Just back from the vs shop.

Dsg 204 in diesel,
Dsg 204 gasoline must be 4motion.

Welcome (h)odddog....;)

If i was thinking to buy a Cali at this time i serious conciderd the petrol version.
Not that many on this forum as the Cali petrol version is not (yet) availeble in the UK .
We on the mainland do have it.

In Spain I am told from VW that petrol dsg beach is only available with 4motion.

I am looking into the petrol rather than diesal choice based on "what may happen" in the future, where I can see cities charging, stopping bigger pollution motors coming inside there ring roads.

As a simple example, in the last couple of months madrid has stopped 50% of cars entering (based on reg numbers).

I believe this will happen more and more, in more cities.

So that is really the only reason I am considering a petrol motor.

In Spain I am told from VW that petrol dsg beach is only available with 4motion.

I am looking into the petrol rather than diesal choice based on "what may happen" in the future, where I can see cities charging, stopping bigger pollution motors coming inside there ring roads.

As a simple example, in the last couple of months madrid has stopped 50% of cars entering (based on reg numbers).

Suddenly I feel a bit more nervous taking delivery of a 150 Diesel in a couple of weeks....:eek:

Thats my view to , Antwerp has started banning older diesels just last week.
Many city's will follow.

@Jabberwocky please just ignore what I say! I am obviously a complete and unconsiderate pr@#k.

I am really only considering this becasue of what I lived through trying to get my car in madrid recently ....

No sure how the pollution thing is going in the UK, but in mainland europe it is a thing, and slowly impacting:

higher taxes,
more regular mot´s

future sight:

additional problems with madrid, and other large cities (ones I actually visit).

All this said, the 1,100 km per tank diesels is hard to ignore.
But there is something called adblue liquid for these engines I believe and the partical filter!

Actually quite a tough choice, probably the hardest I will have to make, rather than options cherry picking....

London will be charging 24/7 all non Euro 6 diesel vehicles £12.50 a day to enter the Ultra Low Emission Zone (which is the current Congestion Zone) from 2020.

Westminster Council in London are planning to charge diesel vehicles a higher amount to park than petrol vehicles sometime soon.

Bristol Council is also pondering charges for diesel vehicles and I guess other city councils also have it on their agendas now too.

Alan

Looking to get a 204 dsg cali beach... so here to ask questions, read a lot, and generally learn about the T6 cali.

Oddog, I've stumbled upon a spanish forum furgovw.org, it seems really active, and I envy you for having a forum that actually has threads about MY car (MC Viano Marco Polo :D ). People on there are really helpful so far, even though I speak english and just translate into spanish with Google translate.

All this diesel talk is really scary. I live in a town and my day car is a very expensive 4.4 litre diesel Range Rover which would become worthless if this plague of insanity spreads.

Ps when The car was new it comes with offset for the environment to equal the life of the car so feel better about my personal damage to the environment.

Bienvenido al club.... ¿paisano?

If I where you I'd considere the petrol option, even if you have to get 4Motion (I have it and love it). Bear in mind that, aside of restrictions, in a petrol you can retrofit GLP (not sure, but I think that's not possible for diesels)

All this diesel talk is really scary. I live in a town and my day car is a very expensive 4.4 litre diesel Range Rover which would become worthless if this plague of insanity spreads.

Ps when The car was new it comes with offset for the environment to equal the life of the car so feel better about my personal damage to the environment.

Sorry Yorkie but the days of the Clunker are numbered! All the major manufacturers are pouring gazillions into electric drive tech....fear not though I read somewhere that the next big growth will be in converting clunkers to electric drives.

Hola espresso, en realidad soy singles, casado con una gallega

Will ask for petrol options on Monday.