Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from Dorset

Pdqsoft

Pdqsoft

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all, we’re looking to downsize from our large-ish Hymer. Went down to see Carl at Breeze in Poole today. He spent a lot of time with us and put us in a van for the afternoon. Hopefully he’ll have some more news for us on Monday about a van we saw today, and with any luck we’ll be Cali owners soon.

Welcome , i do hope "the van" would be your nickname for a VW California or Cali;)

Welcome , i do hope "the van" would be your nickname for a VW California or Cali;)
Old habits die hard - we started out with a type 2 bay window- that and every “camper” since, has always been “the van” ;)

I know ...just trying to fool you .
Us here in Belgium we never say" the van" but "de bus" (the bus) as a bus (the Dutch word) would be the same as a van ....:rolleyes:

Exciting times, looking forward to pics (we call ours ‘the van” as well :embarrased)

For me it depends on who I am talking to. For people who don't know me, its the California. For daily use, its "de camionette" (dialect for van). As an insider: "de camion" (the truck).

Hi all, we’re looking to downsize from our large-ish Hymer. Went down to see Carl at Breeze in Poole today. He spent a lot of time with us and put us in a van for the afternoon. Hopefully he’ll have some more news for us on Monday about a van we saw today, and with any luck we’ll be Cali owners soon.
Welcome and good luck with Carl, sure he will sort you out.Should it all pan out you will not be disappointed.

Best bit of a “van” is that you can drive it every day use as a second or main vehicle as @2into1 and I do as well as a camper.
Good luck and do attach some photos if you make purchase :thumb

Best bit of a “van” is that you can drive it every day use as a second or main vehicle as @2into1 and I do as well as a camper.
Good luck and do attach some photos if you make purchase :thumb
That’s the plan - sell Tiguan & Hymer, replace with Cali if all goes well

That’s the plan - sell Tiguan & Hymer, replace with Cali if all goes well
You'll loose a lot of inner space, to live in and to store, and smaller beds, ...
But you will only need 1 vehicle, instead of a car extra for the 85% you are not on holidays. Or whatever percentage you don't go camping.

Exactly - my wife works most Saturdays, so we don’t get to go camping as much as we used to. The plan is to use it mostly as a day van that we can sleep in if necessary

I use mine for 9 years to go to work, and the handling and sitting position is way more relaxed than a 'normal' car. Even smaller SUV's don't have this good sitting position. And you sit way up higher, so you can overview the traffic to drive more defensively.

Well, we just signed on the dotted line <gulp>. Carl + Breeze in Poole has just sold us an ex-demo Ocean, should pick it up sometime next week, then drive down to our son's in Cornwall for it's maiden voyage :)

Wow good work, look forward to seeing pics...

Well, we just signed on the dotted line <gulp>. Carl *+ Breeze in Poole has just sold us an ex-demo Ocean, should pick it up sometime next week, then drive down to our son's in Cornwall for it's maiden voyage :)
Welcome, you will not regret it it’s a great life. And they are a good team.

We bought our T6 Ocean 204 from Phill at Breeze Poole about 5 weeks ago and we have just arrived in North Devon for our 3rd short break with it. Fantastic!
(Living in Wimborne we are lucky to have Breeze almost on our doorstep.)
Hope you enjoy yours as much as we are enjoying ours.

We bought our T6 Ocean 204 from Phill at Breeze Poole about 5 weeks ago and we have just arrived in North Devon for our 3rd short break with it. Fantastic!
Congratulations, although I did not mine. Is Phil I have meet him an lots of occasions and has been very helpful and informative.

Happy camping

Not too far from us then, we’re in Ferndown :)