Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi all , newbie to forum T5 VWR

Johnconwy

Johnconwy

Hi all,
Had our Glamper 12 months now 2005 model 2.5 tdi. LHD. Silver
We've done camper jam, weekends in uk and just come back from 3 weeks in France and Spain.
We love it !
Wished I'd packed my vanorak for the last night kids were a bit cold. :?
Just thought I would let you know what problems weve had and see if any body has had similar.
Vw Plastics and glue seem to be a problem I have a bag of bits now I need to glue back on .
All 4 End caps from Aluminium extrusion on each side of van all come off.I have noticed on newer vans the front end caps are now longer I think this is to stop the water that runs off rails.
Also the rear end caps from roof rails came off.same problem as above the glue is still on the plastic just come off bodywork??
Rear tambour door spilt and left half in back of cupboard , had to get it out using old metal coat hanger ordered new one easy fix.
Snapped lock on rear cupboard door , wife being heavy handed again easy fix.
Window opener in sliding door snapped when squeezed to open.
Trim around table half off glue again.
Rear seat handle plastic that attaches the two wires snapped, couldn't recline seat to set bed up :censor had to use multi tool and a fork to release seat. Poor design I see again on newer vans this design has changed.
Rear seat again seatbelt receivers get caught in seat and plastic falls into drawer below , just clip back just a pain.
The roller tambour door above front seats the handle section spilt away from rest of door when I pulled it to close .

I,m not heavy handed honest, learnt to open things really gently now :D
Apart from all these niggles we still love it , strong engine eats the miles , good fuel economy

I spotted a multi van in France it had a large pullout draw under the whole rear shelf , looked really good , has anyone seen these? Are they factory or OEM?

Welcome John,

Seems you've had your fair share of niggles.

We have another member with a similar van to yourself, Martin - T5 WOB.

Hi John. Martin's Cali is a left hand drive he has some really nice modifications on it
One of a kind :thumb I'm sure he will tell you all about it :thumb