Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hesitating between two wheels options: Wookdstoock (17) OR Valdivia (18)

Hi @Grigio Van Grigio, thank you very much for your feedback; unfortunately, in Spain, Woodstock is not free when you're configuring you T6.1, it increases the costs. In my personal case, I've the option to install Woodstock or Valdivia from a mechanical worshop reselling new wheels provide by VW... Springfields are very nice! but unfortunatelly these are the 2 available options as of today... :) thank you!
ask your mechanic on Posada wheels, it worth waiting for them if available in the future IMO.side.pngfront_zoom.pngback_left.png

Hi, I wouldn’t go for any of those options, they are a diamond cut finish resulting in them needing a refurb in 2-3 years.

Diamond Cut if properly maintained and cared for will last, on my ST200 they are gleaming still after 7 years of ownership. I have got the Woodstocks on our van and I really like them. It is all about personal choice.
If you nick or curb a Diamond Cut then that is a different matter :eek:

Diamond Cut if properly maintained and cared for will last, on my ST200 they are gleaming still after 7 years of ownership. I have got the Woodstocks on our van and I really like them. It is all about personal choice.
If you nick or curb a Diamond Cut then that is a different matter :eek:
My Cascavals have been properly maintained and cared for - never having been curbed or jet washed but washed regularly using appropriate products. Despite this they are all corroded and will be replaced by non diamond cut wheels when I can finally decide on their replacement.

Maybe all diamond cut wheel are not equal. Cascavals have been mentioned on these forums before in this context.

My Cascavals have been properly maintained and cared for - never having been curbed or jet washed but washed regularly using appropriate products. Despite this they are all corroded and will be replaced by non diamond cut wheels when I can finally decide on their replacement.

Maybe all diamond cut wheel are not equal. Cascavals have been mentioned on these forums before in this context.
May very well be the case ;)
Maybe that is something Ford is better at, having said that I did have them on brand new Mondeo ST many years ago and they were replaced after 12 months under warranty and they lasted the 8 years I had the car. First lot may have just been a bad batch.
If the Woodstocks don’t last I will just get them powder coated.

Hi, I wouldn’t go for any of those options, they are a diamond cut finish resulting in them needing a refurb in 2-3 years.
Hi @Billywizz, thank you ery much for your answers and feedback; honestly, into this forum I'm discovering some concerns regarding the diamond cut for wheels. I was not aware of it and I've the impression that maybe was something specific or exceptional for some specific models/sets/.... it's not possible that all wheels based on diamond cut cut suffer rust, issues, etc.. Here in region I'm leaving (Barcelona, Spain) and when I'm travelling there's a lot of cars (spcially the new ones) from all car manufactures releasing these wheels... in my area , there are more cars with diamond cut that with non-diamond cut and talking with my neighborhoods holding car with this type of cut, they're not complaining and they have not faced any issue...

Maybe, the weather conditions is also a factor. .... in short, I need to go to chez-VW for a maintenance and I will request more information feedback regarding these issues you're exposing....

Thank you!!!

Hi @RoB5urf, thank you! for the feedback. As expressed by other mates, maybe was something exceptional for some specific model, manufacturing set, .... Regarding cleaning products for rims/wheels, I suggest to avoid to use them if possible.... despite I'm not expert in chemistry, these tyhpe of products trends to be aggressive with the materials sufaces are expossed. From my personal experience, I usually clean them after each long trip or every 1-2 months. I suggest to clean them (in possible) with only water (no pressurea) and apply neutral soap, I use a vegetable soap which is the most neutral i've found as of today and I apply it manually and sweetly with a new sponge. I leave the soap serverla minutes and later I clean them launching buckets of water.. that's all :)

Thank you!!!

Hi! B J G,

thank you very much; are you referring to 235/45/18 or 235/45/17? the 235/45/18 is an option non compatible with the T6; at least in my car papers this option doesn't appear. I was not aware about the wheel supplier and it sounds also interesnting, I'm going to make a look...

THANK YOU!
235/55/18 not 235/45/18 or 17 quoted

Back