Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help!!!

DAZPAM

DAZPAM

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi all, we're looking at buying our first T5 California SE manual and are about to view one next week. My question, is 100,000 miles with full vw service history too high on a 2007 model?
Your input would be much appreciated.
Many thanks Darren & Pam.

N
Hi all, we're looking at buying our first T5 California SE manual and are about to view one next week. My question, is 100,000 miles with full vw service history too high on a 2007 model?
Your input would be much appreciated.
Many thanks Darren & Pam.
No. That averages out at about 10,000 miles/ year. Just means it has been used as intended rather than just standing on the drive. As long as it has been well looked after and priced sensibly it should do you well. These are commercial vehicles and 200,000 miles are not a problem if looked after.

No is the simple answer as long as the oil is changed regularly it’s not a problem I would take it over a 2007 model that had only done 30k everyday of the week. As long as it’s priced ok go for it

No, they are a good vehicle, engine is the 5 pot audi engine with a cam chain driven not belt driven

Top end I would say depends on what extras it has with it

Hi 100k is fine they are good engines and as said before as long as the service history is good then go for it. The engine is actually gear driven crank to cam so no issue with belts etc.There are a couple of pointers.

1 the diesel particulate filter DPF service life is around 120k depending on how it’s been driven it’s around £1800 to get it replaced and never go non genuine they cause all sorts of issues.

2 the one and only big issue with these engines was the exhaust manifold studs breaking on cylinder one, look for exhaust gas around the brake servo area and signs of soot.

3 The gasket between the turbo and engine block had a habit of leaking take a good look underneath to make sure there are no signs of oil loss. Not a big job to replace just a pain.

I’m not in any way trying to put you of buying this vehicle they are great vehicles and you will enjoy meany happy miles I know of one vehicle with that engine that’s just clocked over 800k

Thanks to everyone for your input, what a great forum this is! we will take a look and see if we can haggle on the price.

Hi 100k is fine they are good engines and as said before as long as the service history is good then go for it. The engine is actually gear driven crank to cam so no issue with belts etc.There are a couple of pointers.

1 the diesel particulate filter DPF service life is around 120k depending on how it’s been driven it’s around £1800 to get it replaced and never go non genuine they cause all sorts of issues.

2 the one and only big issue with these engines was the exhaust manifold studs breaking on cylinder one, look for exhaust gas around the brake servo area and signs of soot.

3 The gasket between the turbo and engine block had a habit of leaking take a good look underneath to make sure there are no signs of oil loss. Not a big job to replace just a pain.

I’m not in any way trying to put you of buying this vehicle they are great vehicles and you will enjoy meany happy miles I know of one vehicle with that engine that’s just clocked over 800k
Has mine got a DPF filter it is the AXD engine? Also had manifold replaced

Has mine got a DPF filter it is the AXD engine? Also had manifold replaced

No you just have a catalytic converter and the old style turbo which never leaked. Anything produced before model year 2007 that’s may 2006 did not have dpf.

AXE AXD engines no dpf
BNZ BPC engines equipped with DPF

No you just have a catalytic converter and the old style turbo which never leaked. Anything produced before model year 2007 that’s may 2006 did not have dpf.

AXE AXD engines no dpf
Thanks for that, as i have just had it serviced at 140,000 miles and nothing said about dpf. Now i know why.

By the way, the cali we are looking at is advertised on Gumtree at £26,500 in Fresco green. If any one would care to take a look and let me know your thoughts, thanks again.

By the way, the cali we are looking at is advertised on Gumtree at £26,500 in Fresco green. If any one would care to take a look and let me know your thoughts, thanks again.
Surprised it hasn't been snapped up, best of luck.

Thanks Guys, they are only the second owners. Bought it at 12 months old and had it10 years. Getting very excited at the prospect of owning one, it's been a dream of mine for the past 10 years and have saved hard to afford one. Can't wait!

Thanks Guys, they are only the second owners. Bought it at 12 months old and had it10 years. Getting very excited at the prospect of owning one, it's been a dream of mine for the past 10 years and have saved hard to afford one. Can't wait!
Do it you'll not regret it

AXE AXD engines no dpf
Mines a 2006 174 ps with dpf.

Forgot to mention, he did point out the problem with roof he said he went to VW but was told he missed the time slot for the repair/renewel ?

Mines a 2006 174 ps with dpf.

Would have been one of the first ones Check your engine code it will be BPC with dpf. I suspect your build and registration dates are after may 2006 ? Model years work strangly we have just entered the first model year 19 vehicles hitting the country.

Would have been one of the first ones Check your engine code it will be BPC with dpf. I suspect your build and registration dates are after may 2006 ? Model years work strangly we have just entered the first model year 19 vehicles hitting the country.
Yes it´s a BPC. 29/4/06 :thumb

Back