Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help needed - problem with rear seatbelt.

NShep

NShep

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
I am hoping someone can help me. II have a two seater bench and one of the seat belts is locked really tight, so much so it is pulling in the back cushion part of the seat back. I can seem to get it free. Anyone else had the same problem? Or got ideas?

With thanks! :help

Is you rear bench too close to the metal frame that makes the bed? If too close the seat belt can get caught between it and your bench seat. Just move the bench forward a couple of inches and see if it frees it.

NShep said:
I am hoping someone can help me. II have a two seater bench and one of the seat belts is locked really tight, so much so it is pulling in the back cushion part of the seat back. I can seem to get it free. Anyone else had the same problem? Or got ideas?

With thanks! :help

Could it have been fully extended? The manual might help, if I remember correctly, the bench seat belts have a mechanism which allows you to 'lock' them after fully extending them?

I've "caught" ours before; partially recline the seat (as if making the bed) and it should free the tension; the belt is an inertia one so has probably locked itself.

Back