Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help: Looking for a "Dummies guide to VW Cali Ocean 2017 Electrics"

K

K@PukkaP

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I would like to understand how to get the most out of the electrics in my 2017 VW Cali Ocean.
I would be super grateful for any advice with the following:
1. A simple dummies guide to the leisure battery and implications for sockets and use of sockets
2. A simple dummies guide to all the exciting extra bits of power I can get on hock up
3. How to maximise on all the various sockets, firelighters etc etc to power my, and my families, life in the van.
4. Any great products people would recommend for no 3.
5. Any top tips or lessons learnt to be share - warnings.
Many thanks

Il add that your audio/ radio runs of your van battery and is programmed to power down after about 20 minutes to stop it draining it preventing you having a flat battery. As a rule of thumb the 12v sockets behind the front seats are powered by the leisure battery. The inverter works of the leisure batteries converting 12v dc to 230v ac it will power low wattage appliances below 150 watts but not for long periods

The inverter works of the leisure batteries converting 12v dc to 230v ac it will power low wattage appliances below 150 watts but not for long periods
We have a slow cooker that we plug into the inverter socket (Cooker rated at 120 watts) and often leave it on for 5/6 hours if we are out for the day (even if we have no EHU). From a fully charged LB to return to an 80% charge.

I would like to understand how to get the most out of the electrics in my 2017 VW Cali Ocean.
I would be super grateful for any advice with the following:
1. A simple dummies guide to the leisure battery and implications for sockets and use of sockets
2. A simple dummies guide to all the exciting extra bits of power I can get on hock up
3. How to maximise on all the various sockets, firelighters etc etc to power my, and my families, life in the van.
4. Any great products people would recommend for no 3.
5. Any top tips or lessons learnt to be share - warnings.
Many thanks
In answer to Not 3

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0721DYG7X/?tag=eliteelect-21

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 15.22.00.jpg

Very useful for the difficult to get to 12v socket in the cupholder by the Sliding door.

Stick to the Trim with Double sided tape .

Back