Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello

circa35mm

circa35mm

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello, my name's Euan and I live in Glasgow with my wife. Over the past three summers we've hired motorhomes (2017 & 2018) to tour the north of Scotland and the Islands and in 2019 we rented at VW California Ocean and toured the South West for a couple of weeks.

12 months on and we're not the owners of a campervan but with only a year left on the lease of our car we have been discussing over the last couple of weeks what we might do next June when we have bank the car we currently drive.

One option that my wife suggested was a campervan and it's something we've talked about and begun researching.... hence why I have joined.

We both love to travel and intend using it for our main holidays but being based in Glasgowe we want to take advantage of nice weather when we can and head to the coast or the highlands, etc over weekends. My hobby is also photography so the ability to wake up on location in the summer and winter is particularly appealing.

We are pretty much starting with a blank canvas and considering all options at the moment. We are not in any rush to order and do intend renting a California and a conversion for long weekends for comparison purposes, etc.

Welcome it sounds like camperlife will be perfect for you ,I’m sure you will find all the information you need on here enjoy

Welcome, the search function is the start of a world of knowledge...…… Enjoy

:welcome
what a great intro. Gives a lot of info about what you are looking for in a Cali. Hopefully the forum can help answer them.

Hi and welcome. This channel may be of interest to you if you haven’t already come across it during your research. All the best.

:welcomeKeep us posted on your search, I'm sure when you have tried a Cali and a conversion you will prefer the Cali. We have had both and found the Cali to be much more pleasant and brighter to spend time in.

@Jay20cali @Hamish S @AlisonF - thanks, have read a lot of posts already and will be spending more time doing some research building up a list of questions

@Tomato - that would definitely be on the list of things to do!

@Buddano - thanks for that link... we’ve already watched a lot of their videos and a few other channels as well. Very helpful.

@Karlos - we both are of the same thinking at the moment but want to try alternatives before committing. We know anything bigger than at VW isn’t of interest due to size and using it as a car replacement.

:welcome

Your wife’s a cannie lass

Love your avatar

Keep us posted of progress, use the search facility ( top right) for all questions and in depth reasearch (you’ll have lots) and if you can’t find the answer your looking for post the question and I’m 100% sure the folk of the wonderful resource will oblige.
:cheers

@Perfectos - thank you... it’s logo for my website and just automatically appears :)

I will do, I’ve found a lot of useful information already and enjoying doing a bit more detailed research.

Welcome, great intro. We did something very similar four years ago. A couple of rentals but not as far afield as you before we took the plunge. We bought a new Ocean in Feb 2017 and have been to 13 countries since then! Should have done it before......but then family and finances always need to be considered :happy
You will find lots of answers to lots of questions here. A fantastic resource. Enjoy and I am sure it will help you make the right choices for you. It did for us. Southern France and Spain for us in October-December (CV permitting).

@Jabberwocky - sounds like you are having some fantastic adventures. As much as we'd like to spend months on the road at a time, as we're both working full time that's not going to happen. The ability to just chuck a few things in and head off somewhere on a Friday night in the summer, even for just a night away, is appealing.

Yes the forum has been great for information from the discussions I've read so far and I'm building a list of questions to search for info.