Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Oegstgeest (yes, try to pronounce that if you're not Dutch ;-)

mellesieswerda

mellesieswerda

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi all,

Recently bought a T5 that received a rough California transplant through the previous owner, although it appears to have been done by a butcher instead of a surgeon. Still, it was affordable and seemed like a manageable project. Currently in the process of figuring out if/how thinks work, replacing the service battery (which the previous removed for whatever reason) and trying to understand where all the cables go (they're going all sorts of places and no wiring diagram ... yeaj). Also quite a bit of interior work to be finished/repaired.

We're hoping to take the van for a spin soon. Still deciding on name, stickers, etc.

Thanks for letting me join & talk to you all soon!
Melle

Hi all,

Recently bought a T5 that received a rough California transplant through the previous owner, although it appears to have been done by a butcher instead of a surgeon. Still, it was affordable and seemed like a manageable project. Currently in the process of figuring out if/how thinks work, replacing the service battery (which the previous removed for whatever reason) and trying to understand where all the cables go (they're going all sorts of places and no wiring diagram ... yeaj). Also quite a bit of interior work to be finished/repaired.

We're hoping to take the van for a spin soon. Still deciding on name, stickers, etc.

Thanks for letting me join & talk to you all soon!
Melle
Welcome on board @mellesieswerda ! ha ha - that did send me on a google search to find the pronunciation - interesting indeed.

I think your approach is right - take it for a spin, create a list of most to least important to sort out - and then ... one step at a time - while you still continue to enjoy your camper.

Welcome, sounds like you have your work cut out fixing your van up. I am sure it will be worth all the hard work. Good luck.

Back