Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Dorset

S

Super cali

VIP Member
Hello all. What a great website and community forum :) We have had our lovely 64 plate black Cali for a year now and have really enjoyed getting to know it (7 seater). We bought it second hand from the VW dealership in Leicester who were really great, our local dealership in Poole not having too many to sell this time last year. We are mum, dad and 3 kids with a dog. Kids are 14,12,10 so haven't quite sussed the sleeping and camping bit but we are working on that. (Currently hubby and dog tent it while me & kids shareses in the van) We have camped a handful of times in Dorset and hope to camp more, but generally have found so far that it comes more into its own on day trips and after school club waits. Handy for getting changed in or doing homework in while waiting for siblings etc. About to do our first proper road trip to France, skiing for half term - chalet booked, not camping on this one! - so looking forward to seeing how it fares on our first long trip with kids. Thanks so much for all the useful forums. Have dipped in and out of so many for advice, including European travel and spare wheel spare safe, our spare being nicked in London within first week of ownership :( Fingers crossed for a safe and happy first trip abroad. If all goes well, hope to do a sunny euro mountains camp trip in the school summer hols. This time heading on channel tunnel to Calais, stopping overnight in Reims then onto Flaine next day. We really enjoy the van and love that it offers us a feeling of escape - even if just a local day out each weekend - to counter the drudgery of work and homework etc. There are so many VW T5's down our way I find it difficult to tell who's a Cali and who's not, so I end up waving at everyone, looking a bit daft. Nice to finally say hi - should have done so a long time ago! Will try to upload photos on next post :)

Welcome Super cali,
Happy adventures. :welcome

Welcome Supercali - I'm also from Dorset and also in black! Know what you mean about so many T5s - after owning my van since last May I've given up waving now, it gets boring when no-one waves back!

Welcome , 5 and a dog....need some good organising for this i assume?
Great to hear your adventures!
We are just 2 and a dog .

Hello and warm welcome Super cali!
Look forward to read about your Euro trip/ski holidays!

Hello all. What a great website and community forum :) We have had our lovely 64 plate black Cali for a year now and have really enjoyed getting to know it (7 seater). We bought it second hand from the VW dealership in Leicester who were really great, our local dealership in Poole not having too many to sell this time last year. We are mum, dad and 3 kids with a dog. Kids are 14,12,10 so haven't quite sussed the sleeping and camping bit but we are working on that. (Currently hubby and dog tent it while me & kids shareses in the van) We have camped a handful of times in Dorset and hope to camp more, but generally have found so far that it comes more into its own on day trips and after school club waits. Handy for getting changed in or doing homework in while waiting for siblings etc. About to do our first proper road trip to France, skiing for half term - chalet booked, not camping on this one! - so looking forward to seeing how it fares on our first long trip with kids. Thanks so much for all the useful forums. Have dipped in and out of so many for advice, including European travel and spare wheel spare safe, our spare being nicked in London within first week of ownership :( Fingers crossed for a safe and happy first trip abroad. If all goes well, hope to do a sunny euro mountains camp trip in the school summer hols. This time heading on channel tunnel to Calais, stopping overnight in Reims then onto Flaine next day. We really enjoy the van and love that it offers us a feeling of escape - even if just a local day out each weekend - to counter the drudgery of work and homework etc. There are so many VW T5's down our way I find it difficult to tell who's a Cali and who's not, so I end up waving at everyone, looking a bit daft. Nice to finally say hi - should have done so a long time ago! Will try to upload photos on next post :)
I try and glance quickly at the Awning, Cali on drivers side, T5 on off side. And the Cali owners usually wave back