Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello, and a quick question

Kyffinjones

Kyffinjones

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hello. I picked up my new silver California SE a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely brilliant!

The California Club was recommended as THE place to go for advice, so might I ask a quick question ...

Does the refrigerator work when the engine is running? All seems well when the engine is off, but it doesn't seem to get cold when I'm driving (e.g. on four hour maiden voyage to Wales). Any advice appreciated, and sorry if l'm missing something very obvious. There's such a lot to absorb!

The fridge should work regardless. Is the top R fridge light ON, on the control panel?

What setting have you got the Fridge set on. Normally 4 to 6/Max in warm conditions?

Is the Fridge lid shut properly? If properly closed you cannot lift it up without pressing the catch in.

Almost forgot. Welcome to the Forum.:thumb

Hello and welcome :thumb

Yes, the fridge should be on with the engine running, I see Welsh Gas has just posted more details so hope all is OK.

Colin

Hello, and thank you for your quick replies - my first from the forum! I will experiment tomorrow - l may have had the setting too low.

Welcome to the newbie....
As for you fridge problem , as above ....

Welcome. The fridge can easily be turned off by mistake, if you push the right upper button on the display. It happened to me a couple of times, before I found out what I was doing wrong.

And if you turned the knob in the disierd setting you need to push to actually set it...otherwise it stays like the previous setting...

I agree with everything said.

And as being agreeable is a whole new thing for me I'm going to raise a glass of wine to that.

Welcome Judith, it is so nice to see the female complement rising in what once was a very blokey forum. We will soon have nice flowers on the opening banner, pretty colours to replace the greys and talks of china cups instead of alloy wheels and chrome side bars.

I agree with everything said.

And as being agreeable is a whole new thing for me I'm going to raise a glass of wine to that.

Welcome Judith, it is so nice to see the female complement rising in what once was a very blokey forum. We will soon have nice flowers on the opening banner, pretty colours to replace the greys and talks of china cups instead of alloy wheels and chrome side bars.
Thanks for your message, GrannyJen. I was so pleased to see there was a female complement in the forum, and I just love your posts. Haven't got as far as flowers yet, but there's work in progress - a china mug (and a wine glass) are already nestling safely in the van, plus two red cushions to counterbalance the grey ... but must prioritise getting that fridge to work now.

The wine cooler is an essential.

The fridge will not work when voltage from the leisure batteries drop below 11.0V or so, (10.9 last time I looked) but as you are driving that will not be the case.

As others have said it is easy to knock it off, periodically check that the fridge symbol on the control panel is glowing yellow.

I keep mine on minimum setting 4, in fact currently on 6 as I have frozen stuff in there that I want to keep frozen a bit longer.

Hello, again.

Many thanks for all your helpful advice - great to be able to get all this help. The refrigerator box is now working when I am driving. As you recommended, I increased the setting.

Back