Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heater

John

John

VIP Member
Original post Calikev

Can someone explain the heater for me I was wondering if it is a problem
I set the heating to come on this morning with the remote and left it on for about 20 mins
Before I set off the battery meter showed only30% is this normal? the battery should have been fully charged and the heater was still running. Also is it hotter the higher the level I had it on level 7?

Original post BerndRos

Hi Mod....Calikev ?

Firstly, yes the higher the setting, the higher the temp.

Sounds like you may have the earth shunt problem. From full battery to 30% after running heater for 20 mins can't be right.

As an example, I arrived at a very cold Brasov last night, have run heater for about 8 hours since and batteries still show 12.4v & 70%

I have a 2010 facelift.....

Original post Calikev

Cheers mate I am using the van next weekend and will use the heater and check it again before I give vw a ring mine's a 2010 facelift as well I suppose vw will know about this problem

Original post BerndRoss

Noticed your user name is ' Calikev ' .......my email address starts with ' calikevh ' .........

Original post T5WOB

try and plug into the mains if poss before your weekend away

Original post Calikev

Yes I will fully charge this week via the mains. Then test it at the weekend at bus freeze
Was't sure if facelift vans were affected by the earth shunt problem

Original post BerndRos

Point is, charging about once a month should be ' health maintenance ' for the batteries, in between normal driving should be pumping the juice in........

Original post Calikev

left van plugged into mains all day yesterday and overnight battery says 100%
Ran heater for 5 mins battery now says 50% turned heater off turned on control panel battery says 90% is this the classic symptoms of an earth shunt problem if so what do I say to vw the van is a 2010 facelift
Any help appreciated
Kev

Original Post jules

Hi Kev. It was my understanding that the facelift model isn't affected by the earth shunt problem.

Original post Calikev

Maybe I am worrying for no reason yesterday it ran for 30 min with battery at 30%
Perhaps there is no problem

Original post Calikev

Just an update I tried out my heater today I ran it this morning for 10 mins
Battery on 80% didn't move then I tried it this afternoon for 30 mins battery on 90%
It didn't move at all I feel very stupid as I have booked it in with vw on tue
I think I will have to cancel

Back