Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GYBE Bus tent

We met a German couple with a Cali in France who had one; looks very cool but it seemed to get quite battered by high winds.

Very glamorous video but really gives you no idea of how easy or time consuming it really is to pitch.

wilupo7 said:
Very glamorous video but really gives you no idea of how easy or time consuming it really is to pitch.

It took these guys a VERY long time to put it up! Looks uber cool but he had to take it down when the wind got to about force 7. I wouldn't buy one.

It does look very cool but I wonder at what point in the journey they lost the roof bars they seem to have started out with!?

Perhaps at the point when they needed to slide the tent connection into the roof bar channel and realised they could not have both in place at the same time?

Well spotted I also notice they feel the need to speed up the putting up and taking down.
I bet it takes ages to pump up and deflate. I wouldnt have the patience

Calikev said:
Well spotted I also notice they feel the need to speed up the putting up and taking down.
I bet it takes ages to pump up and deflate. I wouldnt have the patience

Yep, I reckon it took our German friend around an hour to put up.

I know my Comfortz awning panels will make a slightly smaller den, but it will be nice to put our feet up with a cup of tea about three minutes after parking up! :p