Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gwithian Farm Campsite

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
stayed at an Excellent campsite in Cornwall last week, not far from St Ives, very campervan friendly having a real nice feel to the site.

Footpath from campsite leads down to the beach ( 10 min walk) and pub opposite the entrance serving excellent food.

Looking forward to going back in September.

http://gwithianfarm.co.uk

I agree, lovely camp site. We have stayed there the last two years and are planning on going again at the start of September.

Love it also second time we had camped we stayed there for a week... :D

Now stop telling everyone...lol :lol:

Stayed at Gwithian farm several years in a row about 5 years back - it's a lovely location, easy walk to the beach and the surfing is excellent. Philps pasties in local town are delicious

Just looking on the reviews......interesting, some amazing, Then some fairly recent dreadful ones??
It doesn't fully add up, sounds like two different places, or false bad reviews, or change of ownership??

We love Gwithian and have stayed on the CMC site when we had our caravan - in fact we're staying there for a couple of days over half term. We've not stayed at Gwithian Farm, but will check it out when we're down there next month.

We went once near the end of the summer holidays and found it a terrible stay and moved on after one night . We should have taken "you are so lucky you have the last pitch" as a warning hehe.

A victim of its own success during our stay, it was over-crowded and noisy. I would even wager it was not fire reg compliant during our stay.There wasn't sufficient space between pitches, kids bouncing toys off your van etc. I can imagine at less busy times it would be amazing lovely location and site but we hit the end of summer holidays.

I imagine those poor reviews were at these busy times perhaps? It wasn't a reflection on the quality of the site more the overcrowded nature that put us off.

Last edited:
We went once near the end of the summer holidays and found it a terrible stay and moved on after one night . We should have taken "you are so lucky you have the last pitch" as a warning hehe.

A victim of its own success during our stay, it was over-crowded and noisy. I would even wager it was not fire reg compliant during our stay.There wasn't sufficient space between pitches, kids bouncing toys off your van etc. I can imagine at less busy times it would be amazing lovely location and site but we hit the end of summer holidays.

I imagine those poor reviews were at these busy times perhaps? It wasn't a reflection on the quality of the site more the overcrowded nature that put us off.

We had a problem with tents breaking fire regulations so asked to be moved.Was told campsite full can't be moved so asked for a refund of pitch as I was not staying put, this was refused till I said ok have taken photo of pitch and will pass these photos on to the camping club , gess what one off refund given. Name and shame monkey tree campsite Newquay Cornwall .

Don't you dread the tents next to your pride and joy ball up against your van what do they all ways say oh sorry mate,yes you will be if hits my van again happy camping.

We stayed at Gwithian Farm on the 5th-7th May last week.

We thought is was the best UK site we have stayed in. A new shower block with large cubicles and lots of hot water (6 boilers!), terraced pitches were needed and lots of planting defining the pitches. 16amp EHU on all but a few distant pitches. Also has friendly staff and good paved roads.

A lovely beach and the Southwest Coastal path minutes away.

For children there is a large flat play area in the middle of the site.
The Tate St Ives and the Barbara Hepworth museum close by for the adults, plus the dog friendly Red River Inn by the entrance with locally sourced food.

Only 1/3 full in early May but already fully booked in July and August. I am not surprised.

Alan

We went to look at the Gwithian Farm campsite whilst in Cornwall (we were staying at the CMC Godrevy Park site). The site was lovely and most of the pitches were in little 'garden areas' and didn't seem overcrowded when we walked around. Friendly staff too.