Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand Cali Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that the GC has encouraged quite a few people to purchase their ‘first’ motorhome, as lots of the issues I see are not understanding the components.

Should VW do a better handover? Absolutely.
Is this poor handover standard across all motorhome dealers? Absolutely, again!

I don’t think I’ve had more than 20 minutes from any dealer.

I’m on my 4th motorhome and 90% use the same parts, Truma, Dometic etc etc reading the manuals always seems to help. :/

Its unfortunate that this thread has become a little toxic. We are currently waiting for our 3rd new GC 600, the first was fine but alas was deemed a ‘factory mis-build’ as the van didn’t include the electric heating unit installed (apparently the spec for another country), so it had to go back. Dealer in Exeter was first class.

The second had numerous issues, relating in the main to the faults identified by other forum contributors, mostly 3rd party components, all were fixable but it went back as there would have been a very lengthy wait for parts - new skylights etc. I think it is really important to remember that the vans were built during a global pandemic, well done to VW in achieving that, there were documented factory closures, staff illness absence and component shortages etc. Covid obviously also affected suppliers production.

The design and functionality of the van is awesome, hence ordering our 3rd 600, albeit to our own spec this time, we have friends who have had far (far) worse experiences with their brand new Elddis motorhome, so we are focussing on the positives and the wonderful 2 weeks (and 2000+ miles) we enjoyed in van 2 in Scotland last summer, and are looking forward to many more in our new GC as soon as it arrives.

Not sure if this contribution helps, but we cannot wait to get our hands on the new van, pre Covid we researched and travelled far and wide viewing alternative makes and models, but the GC stood out by a mile for our needs, and is by far the best to drive.

Last edited:
Its unfortunate that this thread has become a little toxic. We are currently waiting for our 3rd new GC 600, the first was fine but alas was deemed a ‘factory mis-build’ as the van didn’t include the electric heating unit installed (apparently the spec for another country), so it had to go back. Dealer in Exeter was first class.

The second had numerous issues, relating in the main to the faults identified by other forum contributors, mostly 3rd party components, all were fixable but it went back as there would have been a very lengthy wait for parts - new skylights etc. I think it is really important to remember that the vans were built during a global pandamemic, well done to VW in achieving that, there were documented factory closures, staff illness absence and component shortages etc. Covid obviously also affected suppliers production.

The design and functionality of the van is awesome, hence ordering our 3rd 600, albeit to our own spec this time, we have friends who have had far (far) worse experiences with their brand new Elddis motorhome, so we are focussing on the positives and the wonderful 2 weeks (and 2000+ miles) we enjoyed in van 2 in Scotland last summer, and are looking forward to many more in our new GC as soon as it arrives.

Not sure if this contribution helps, but we cannot wait to get our hands on the new van, pre Covid we researched and travelled far and wide viewing alternative makes and models, but the GC stood out by a mile for our needs, and is by far the best to drive.
A fair and balanced review, whatever next :D

Is all language we can understand he make terrible video program what is show -

1. he is not read owner instructions pack and is not research other owner who is show how and he is not understanding how is operate correct camper.
2. he is blame camper his own fail.
3. he is new this group and begin tell longer time member what is he think must do.
4. he is use bad language and is grumpy when he is not like what is peoples tell to him.

5. I am think he is not choose best group join when is 1st time he write here - he is not understand most peoples here is very nice and help, and not use bad language 1st day camper school when he is new pupil. :))
Nobody uses language like this. Are you trying to be funny? Because it’s not working.

I watch you video program and is much bad information you give.
I explain for you same order you complain video program.

1. For you no sunshine and rainbow, is not same every peoples who is buy.
Many peoples is best sunshine and most colour rainbow machine. ( for me is wunderbar ). Peoples is not writing - I am wonderful campings today and is nothing break, only when is something wrong is time they writings and ask help.

2. Truma frost protect excellent - GC not only sell to england, to north europe where is sever winter - frost protect super. Water tank and pipes GC not winter system insulate and so is Saving owner big expenses when is forget empty water and heat system.

So you are not read truma manual and attach Truma sensor heater if is not like frost protect function?

3. Yes can is clear Truma control error - but you are must read manual and is easy do. you say you should go home becasue you in sing - Yes, going home and read how is using heat system si good for you doing.

4. Tap is easy fix - looking many forum and you can seeing how. Is also now Vw can attaching new design tap.

5. Bed is not should stay up - only when is need access store area under, no peoples will try operate kitchen shelf when is bed up. you are not child and you can see obvious this. is not complain eligible.

6. Not cooking smell is go to the bed - you can opening many windows and door when is cook and is smell go out. May you be need you mother showing you how is cooking and not make smell home and campingvan!

7. I am hope i am never sit aeroplane when is you putting items lockers and is hit me or some other people head! Is easy fold and correct method pack locker is not thing fall out when is open. May you mother show you how is fold you cloths.

8. You are not think what you license in you country let you drive before buy vehicle? Maybe you think you can operate helicopter also?
I am hope you check you have pilot license before you buy such flying machine and not after you are discover you must get such license allow you operate what you are buy!. Do you doing many other buyings frontwards backwards living?.

9. Front chairs is very easy turning around. Not needing make force and then is break part.
Is so simple is most children can doing.
Make chair back upwards, then is turning, then is back / front slide to comfortable place and last is make back chair to angle such is comfortable.
You look ( i not be rude say ) terrible way you are fighting chair, I am wish Vw see how you do and is not repair warranty for you and you must pay fix.

10. You give wrong information gas bottle - not is each GC 2 gas bottle, Gc what is diesel heat system is 1 gas bottle connection ( i am keep extra 1 gas bottle and little size gas barbecu place where is " some " gc is 2 gas bottle place.

Is Vw bad they not give you gas bottle? I am let you knowing, if you are buying new home gas heat system - gas is not include - i let you know is helping you are not disappoint new home heat system not comes with gas - you must also buy gas separate.

12. Incorrect information water pumpe, not need going under bed remove fuse. Is simple connector under mattress topside the cold water tank - make separate 2 connectors and is pumpe not functions or make noise.
You make such terrible information to peoples who is not know this.

13. Front window - you cannot attaching 4 places 1 slice of material?
Are you home can put bed quilt each corner bed and is bed look nice or is mama/wife must do for you?
Is very easy attaching 2 place material to sun cover and then 1 stretch strap across after and is take me less time is 2 minutes.
How this can be difficult is for disable people i can understand only.

I am hope many peoples who is think buy GC is not your video makes much attention such is so many errrors.

Is better you make video what will show accurate information to peoples and not wrong because many things is You is make wrong and not camping machine.
May you learning better how is operate correct and can more enjoy camper!.

Is Gc really super machine, but owner must knowing correct method operate such - when is not and make amateur effort then is showing such problems you are describe.
I wish you improvement you skills and many happy campings will then come to you.
Your location says UK. ? This is not the way we speak. This is like listening to “Carry on abroad “. Or is it just an insult?

Your location says UK. ? This is not the way we speak. This is like listening to “Carry on abroad “. Or is it just an insult?
Seeing as you're flying the flag. How much Ukranian can you write.

Give the person a chance, they are either using a rubbish online translator or are
trying their best and trying to learn the English language.

Seeing as you're flying the flag. How much Ukranian can you write.

Give the person a chance, they are either using a rubbish online translator or are
trying their best and trying to learn the English language.
I am not Ukrainian. I don’t live in Ukraine. I don’t speak Ukrainian. I back Ukraine 100%. I Dont knowingly buy any Russian Gas or oil products unlike your country. The person you refer to should maybe try using spellcheck if they want to comment in English. English is my mother tongue. The comments made don’t even make sense. Not every English word ends in “ings”

I am not Ukrainian. I don’t live in Ukraine. I don’t speak Ukrainian. I back Ukraine 100%. I Dont knowingly buy any Russian Gas or oil products unlike your country. The person you refer to should maybe try using spellcheck if they want to comment in English. English is my mother tongue. The comments made don’t even make sense. Not every English word ends in “ings”
Yeah, we know all that, but at least give them a break.
Peace man
Erstmals-Zahlung-mit-Kryptowaehrung-bei-Auktion-von-Banksy-Bild.jpg

I think maybe you should leave your ‘little Englander’ mindset at home. We’re driving German vehicles, remember, and using Russian diesel a substantial proportion of the time (until at least the end of the year). Whether you like it or not we still live in Europe and the world is becoming more globalised by the day.

That was brave, after being told he’s already been banned.

No doubt your the type of person who just shouts English at ‘foreigners’ on your travels abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back