Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gower - Hillend campsite

C

Chris

HI.
Anyone used Hillend campsite on the Gower? Planning a quick dash there this weekend with some Camping friends (we are trying hard to convert them to the ways of a camper). Taking my surfboard just incase there are waves.

I haven't camped there for years so my info may be out of date.

It used to attract the youth age group - you'll have to decide if that suits you. It's got good access to a massive beach which can also be good for surfing if the conditions are right.

I started using Port Eynon (also on the Gower) which was a bit more family oriented but haven't been there for years either - I started going to France for more reliable weather!

Have a look on TripAdvisor for reviews.

Likewise, we've been and enjoyed the place but not recently. My niece was there a couple of weeks ago and had a great time - although her car still smells like beer for some reason...
It does get busy and is quite lively. The location is lovely and there is a great cafe up the hill.

Thanks for the replies. Worth a try then. Living in Kent has the draw back of not living near a surf beach.

Review of Hill End campsite.

Check in - Not the most warm of welcomes. Actually felt like I had interupted her from doing something more interesting than checking in a paying customer but got a good deal - 4 adults with camper and awning so £16 each for two nights :)

Facilities - Spotless and could not fault. Even outside wetsuit showers were warm. Field 1 had a slight slope but nothing some levellers could not sort out if you like to be perfectly horizontal.

Location - Superb. 5 min walk through the dunes and in the sea. I can imagine this gets busy in the summer. Waves not great but had a couple of good rides that put a smile on my face.
> Nice walk to worms head ( 5 miles. along the beach and climb some evil steps up to top of the cliff)
> Local pub 15mins walk. Nice atomosphere

Negative - This is not the campsite fault directly but I think marked pitches and booking would sort some of the problem of loud groups out. Saturday night has marked a new low in campsite etiquette. Some tenters were cold so packed into their car and let the engine run for an hour. At 2am!!! So we woke very early on Sunday and made as much noise as we could :laugh2

I would go again but only for a cheeky surf session.