Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

getting our second cali

morpeth clan

morpeth clan

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
hi all
on verge of getting our second cali last one was in 2010 and we sold it to work on the house
since we have had a big 6 berth coach built, not really us as its still a compromise and so big
we will tour a lot round Scotland as we are in Northumberland
we have 2 little climbers 8 and 5 so perhaps a awning is on the cards
I have spotted a nice 14 plate
it has not had the cam belt/water pump done so that's a must ?
but it seems to have had suspension arm bushes reported as excessively worn on each MOT there is a tow bar would this suggest heavy work by the van
any help most welcome

Welcome on board , strange location you live in ....:D

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
hi all
on verge of getting our second cali last one was in 2010 and we sold it to work on the house
since we have had a big 6 berth coach built, not really us as its still a compromise and so big
we will tour a lot round Scotland as we are in Northumberland
we have 2 little climbers 8 and 5 so perhaps a awning is on the cards
I have spotted a nice 14 plate
it has not had the cam belt/water pump done so that's a must ?
but it seems to have had suspension arm bushes reported as excessively worn on each MOT there is a tow bar would this suggest heavy work by the van
any help most welcome
:welcome
Most folk only use the tow bar to mount a bike rack on, but there are exceptions. If the suspension arm bushes are worn it would suggest a lot of use so maybe best to steer clear! I would look for one that has no advisories or fails. Good luck :thumb

:welcome
Most folk only use the tow bar to mount a bike rack on, but there are exceptions. If the suspension arm bushes are worn it would suggest a lot of use so maybe best to steer clear! I would look for one that has no advisories or fails. Good luck :thumb
only 41000 on it and very good body and interior but brakes down to advisory level and this mot was lhs bush and last and 1st mot was rhs bush
it has toured Europe a few times
its a hard one but wont rush it

only 41000 on it and very good body and interior but brakes down to advisory level and this mot was lhs bush and last and 1st mot was rhs bush
it has toured Europe a few times
its a hard one but wont rush it
Just seen your other thread, seems to have more wear on the brakes than the 41k would suggest, I would be wary of it. Unless it’s very cheap; there are plenty of other Cali’s about.

Just seen your other thread, seems to have more wear on the brakes than the 41k would suggest, I would be wary of it. Unless it’s very cheap; there are plenty of other Cali’s about.
yes I have two threads on the go got mixed up, new user.
a few trips round Europe could explain the brakes, they seem to honest to clock, even if possible
looks like hard use of brakes and suspension perhaps better to leave, £37750 and cam belt to do