Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gearbox Disaster

Jez

Jez

Just Starting,again!
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Just thought I'd tell you my latest story, 2007 black Cali, just had a great 2 weeks in France (Ile de Re) no problems,back safe then 2 weeks later just got it serviced at 131km then driving home and changing from 2nd to 3rd loud noise, gearbox locks stiff and my heart sinks. AA recovery back to garage and will pick it up tonight 8 days later, third gear was stripped and the repairer had never seen such a complete failure like it, also new clutch and timing belt as it was due, the price will be the price, but 2 lessons was as it's a keeper at least I know I have a good gearbox but although I had AA recovery what would have happened in France, my holiday would have been over! What do you think?

Just thought I'd tell you my latest story, 2007 black Cali, just had a great 2 weeks in France (Ile de Re) no problems,back safe then 2 weeks later just got it serviced at 131km then driving home and changing from 2nd to 3rd loud noise, gearbox locks stiff and my heart sinks. AA recovery back to garage and will pick it up tonight 8 days later, third gear was stripped and the repairer had never seen such a complete failure like it, also new clutch and timing belt as it was due, the price will be the price, but 2 lessons was as it's a keeper at least I know I have a good gearbox but although I had AA recovery what would have happened in France, my holiday would have been over! What do you think?
If you had the proper Holiday/ Travel Insurance then , at least with mine, the vehicle would either have been repaired at a VW Dealership or returned to UK and my own Dealer. During the meantime I would have a comparable vehicle or a vehicle + Hotel costs.
It depends on the policy and how much you wish to pay.

Back