Gas run out in Germany!

Skylark2.0

Skylark2.0

The adventure with Starlight Expess begins
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Has any one found a Campingaz 907 in Germany? We've just run out! Most sites seem to have bigger ones or smaller ones.

No experience of Germany specifically, but if you are stuck then the smaller CampingGaz 904 works perfectly well in the Cali - it has the same diameter bottle and takes the same regulator. Just holds less gas. We used one for the first season as we had one in the garage from our old camping days.

Hi
Try the camping.com website. They have a retailer locator link - should be able to find someone close to you who can assist. Campingaz is readily available in Europe (in my experience)
Good luck
Ross

You've only had the thing 5 minutes, how have you managed to make it run out?:shocked

It's all the coffee and 3 course gourmet meals.... Or a previous life with a 1996 Toyota Granvia (Skylark 1.0)! The gas cylinder had been to N Spain x 2, Cornwall, Brittany, Wales and Yorkshire x lots! Bit of a gambol but glad we have the camping stove (1 ring) with us, thanks to this forum

Try their BIG DIY stores as they stock the 907....you will need ID though and have to explain and justify why you want the bottle........

Try their BIG DIY stores as they stock the 907....you will need ID though and have to explain and justify why you want the bottle........
Tried one but they only had big ones. Will keep trying this. Many thanks. Hope they let us have one

This is the nearest retailer for CG products -worth a try?
  • Toom Baumarkt
    Adolf-Kolping-Strasse
    Bernkastel-Kues, 54470
This forum is full of the nicest most helpful people. Thank you so much and happy camping:bananadance

Can't belive that , think your not searching in the right places....are'nt there any campsites nearby...they must sell those .
Or just ask any fellow German camperer you see....
The Mosel , thats the mekka for the big white camperwhales....:Nailbiting

This forum is full of the nicest most helpful people. Thank you so much and happy camping:bananadance
85 km might be a bit far but thanks anyway. We have seen loads in France and Spain. As the Cali came from Germany we didn't consider it. C'est la vie or whatever that is in German.

Can't belive that , think your not searching in the right places....are'nt there any campsites nearby...they must sell those .
Or just ask any fellow German camperer you see....
The Mosel , thats the mekka for the big white camperwhales....:Nailbiting
With big...gas cylinders!

Yeah , but the Germans know where the campingstores are located...think logical!

It's all the coffee and 3 course gourmet meals.... Or a previous life with a 1996 Toyota Granvia (Skylark 1.0)! The gas cylinder had been to N Spain x 2, Cornwall, Brittany, Wales and Yorkshire x lots! Bit of a gambol but glad we have the camping stove (1 ring) with us, thanks to this forum

Smug Jennifer reply 1: I keep a diary so I know when my gas bottle SHOULD be running low. Then I carry a spare. I use it to power my camping gaz mini bbq

Smug Jennifer reply 2: Whenever I go on a long expedition I print off at home all the camping Gaz retailers en route.

Smug jennifer reply 3: I carry a spare bottle of wine in the vehicle so I don't give a damn if 1 or 2 fail

Smug Jennifer reply 1: I keep a diary so I know when my gas bottle SHOULD be running low. Then I carry a spare. I use it to power my camping gaz mini bbq

Smug Jennifer reply 2: Whenever I go on a long expedition I print off at home all the camping Gaz retailers en route.

Smug jennifer reply 3: I carry a spare bottle of wine in the vehicle so I don't give a damn if 1 or 2 fail
No doubt all topped off with a quick pirouette on the porta potty :rolleyes:
It's only the morning coffee we are missing and back on the ferry tomorrow.
We usually wait for the sun to past the yard-arm before starting on the wine. Run out of that too now but in the right place to stock up :)
Next time we'll bring a full one!! :D

Yeah , but the Germans know where the campingstores are located...think logical!
Got bored after 2 X campsites, a DIY store and a petrol station... You are right of course but there's so much to see my friend!

At least you are out and about :(

However my forced sojourn from travelling will soon be over I hope ... seeing the physio today and if I get the green light then Albert will be rolling his wheels on Sunday ... with a spare gas cylinder on board :D

I too carry a spare for the Chef BBQ.
You can always make friends with you neighbours and get them to finish off cooking food etc!

Currently traveling in Germany and experienced same. We have also just spent biggest part of two days following fellow local campers suggestions on where we an find the magic Blue replacement for the Cali.

We finally got lucky whilst looking for another suggested camping shop. The lucky part was that by accident next door to the camping store was a Hymer/ mobile home garage /sales office. I went in with the offending Calor Blue cylinder and asked if the had a replacement? Yes, of course came the reply in more than why wouldn't we tone.

The assistant explained that in Germany Calor can be found more readily at Mobile. Home sales centers.

Hope this helps any future travelers faced with this predicament whilst on hols in Germany

Currently traveling in Germany and experienced same. We have also just spent biggest part of two days following fellow local campers suggestions on where we an find the magic Blue replacement for the Cali.

We finally got lucky whilst looking for another suggested camping shop. The lucky part was that by accident next door to the camping store was a Hymer/ mobile home garage /sales office. I went in with the offending Calor Blue cylinder and asked if the had a replacement? Yes, of course came the reply in more than why wouldn't we tone.

The assistant explained that in Germany Calor can be found more readily at Mobile. Home sales centers.

Hope this helps any future travelers faced with this predicament whilst on hols in Germany
Glad to hear you found one. Interesting that you found one in a Hymer garage. We scouted around a few vans and only saw big cylinders. Definitely a fact worth keeping in mind. Enjoy the rest of your hols

Back