Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas bottle for California T5

Allie Park

Allie Park

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi guys,
any advice on where to get a gas bottle for a T5 and what size i need to get. I seem to remember when i had a caravan you have to register somewhere and do paper work for a bottle. Is it only camping stores that provide this service or can it be done online?

Many thanks

Allie

Got one from Cotswold Outdoor £45 empty then £27 to exchange for a full one :shocked
Went to the local tip/recycling centre a week later and got a 3/4 full one free:happy so try your local tip/recycling centre first.

Got mine from Go Outdoors in Loughborough. I'd imagine they stock them in other branches too!

If you are crossing the Channel, get your refills in France. During the last six weeks I have paid €18.95 and €23.00 (ish) which is a lot cheaper than a refill here in the UK.

Rod

We use the blue (French) camping gaz bottle. It's a 2.75 kg filling. I think it's €23 for a refill. We have a T5 2006

Good tip thank you!! i'm in the UK.
You need the camping gaz bottle and I nearly passed into the next level when our local camping retailer wanted to relieve me of considerable money. So then, The Queen of Ebay - me - let my fingers do the walking. I found the nicest man who was selling the remains of his business and picked up a new FILLED bottle for £25. Whey hey!

Thank you all. Not going to France for a while so will have to bite the billet and pay UK prices.

I brought an empty bottle from a local man on Ebay for £5. A refill cost £25.

OK, it wasn't CampingGaz, but I got two Garden Gas bottles from the generous folk in my local FreeCycle group. One was full and sealed and currently remains so and we haven't run the other down yet! (I also run two 907's whilst abroad).